The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not a Cash song, just sayin' (Blake Alphonso Higgs is thought to be the originator but even that can't be proved)

I will begrudgingly give you that. Delias gone and its varients has been recorded by many many artists using various lyrics and tunes. This varient I believe Johnny recorded and made famous first. Although he didnt write it. But that said Delias gone, the theme, predates Cash and his version. 

ANd whilst we're o covers of House of the RIsing Sun, nothing will ever beat Niina Simone doing her faster version. I have a beter recording than this one but can never find it online

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I will begrudgingly give you that. Delias gone and its varients has been recorded by many many artists using various lyrics and tunes. This varient I believe Johnny recorded and made famous first. Although he didnt write it. But that said Delias gone, the theme, predates Cash and his version. 

There are actually two songs, Delia and Delia's Gone and they get a bit confused sometmes with the titles both are what you would  call Traditional songs as no one really knows who wrote either of them, they are both aboout the murder of a 14 year old girl who was shot around the turn of the century called Delia Green

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 18:23, bickster said:

Now this is a proper cover version, a real turd polishing version

By a country mile the best version. 
I loved Cud at one point, really loved them. 
here have some Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Their exceptional version of Lola. 

Then their version of The Family Cat’s Remember What It Is That You Love. At time of release it was as if all my christmases had come at once. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

One of the best covers, ever, in my opinion of course.

I struggle with this in the same way I struggle with Cash covering U2. I hate that song but I love that band. So its pretty much the only song I dislike by the band. On that note one of my favourite CCR songs done by my favourite rockabilly band. 

• Like 1

Â