Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You get a shit load of money when going into the premier league. Dr X also doesn't seem short of a few quid. What inside info have you got that makes you think we will have no money next year if we are promoted?

None i'm just apprehensive about what happened before with Lerner he was enthusiastic spent a hell of a lot of money when he first came in got nowhere run out of steam and lost interest.

I'm not saying Xia is anything like Lerner but when he was here we were at least a prem club and had that TV money there as a safety net to offset some of the losses.

Worst case scenario and we don't reach the promised land (promotion) in the next few seasons we will have an astronomical wage bill by championship standards and have spent a lot of money.

I don't know how much Tony is worth nobody does he may be super rich and able to take any of the losses on the chin but didn't he say when he first came he said he wanted to run the club like a business which would mean he's looking to make a profit on us in the long term?

I guess business is about taking risks and he is taking risks gambling on us getting promoted i just hope it happens, fair play to him though i'm enjoying the roller coaster 

Edited by AshVilla

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

A level he hasn't been at since the '12/'13 season.  So that's a hell of an assumption.  I think it's far safer to assume he's not at peak fitness and is therefore nowhere near Hernandez's levels.

The last photos I saw suggest he might not be far away from peak fitness.

If he's nearing peak fitness then I'd still say he is a better striker than Hernandez.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

None i'm just apprehensive about what happened before with Lerner he was enthusiastic spent a hell of a lot of money when he first came in got nowhere run out of steam and lost interest.

I'm not saying Xia is anything like Lerner but when he was here we were at least a prem club and had that TV money there as a safety net to offset some of the losses.

Worst case scenario and we don't reach the promised land (promotion) in the next few seasons we will have an astronomical wage bill by championship standards and have spent a lot of money.

I don't know how much Tony is worth nobody does he may be super rich and able to take any of the losses on the chin but didn't he say when he first came he said he wanted to run the club like a business which would mean he's looking to make a profit on us in the long term?

I guess business is about taking risks and he is taking risks gambling on us getting promoted i just hope it happens, fair play to him though i'm enjoying the roller coaster 

I'm not sure our wage bill is as bad as you think. We've cut it down by a lot this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

The last photos I saw suggest he might not be far away from peak fitness.

If he's close to peak fitness I'd still say he is a better striker than Hernandez.

Yep. I can't believe we've managed to hang onto him.