Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Adomah starring in, player who uses other clubs vague interest to get better deal... Shocker!

i think tony is possible pretty naive and getting played by clubs and agents

We seem to have a scattergun approach, putting out more feelers than jimmy Saville on speed (too soon?)

Hull striker Abel Hernandez is keen to secure a move to Aston Villa before the summer transfer window closes.

The 26-year-old Uruguay international has been targeted by Villa boss Roberto Di Matteo and was the subject of a £14million bid on Monday.

However, Hull are reluctant to allow the striker to leave before they have lined up a replacement. 

Tigers boss Mike Phelan is determined to hold on to his star forward, whose 22 goals in 45 appearances helped fire Hull back to the Premier League last season.

However, the Yorkshire club are already preparing for life without Hernandez and have lined up Bristol City's Jonathan Kodjia as a possible replacement.

Hull are expected to offer £10m plus add-ons for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast international, who scored 20 goals in the Championship last campaign.

Villa have been one of the most active clubs in England during the summer transfer window, having already completed the high-profile signings of Ross McCormack, James Chester and Mile Jedinak among others.

Meanwhile, Hull are desperately trying to bolster their threadbare squad before the window slams shut on Wednesday. 

The Tigers are thought to have already agreed a £1m feefor Manchester United striker Will Keanewhile Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall is expected to complete a£5m move on Monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3763660/Abel-Hernandez-keen-Aston-Villa-Hull-search-replacement-striker.html?ITO

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Lot of people tweeting that the Daily Mail are reporting that we're getting Rickie Lambert on loan.

Great!

Because the last time we signed an over the hill player from West Brom was such a hit.

1 in 19 last season, 2 in 25 the season before that. Maybe he can be used as cover at CB?

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Adomah starring in, player who uses other clubs vague interest to get better deal... Shocker!

i think tony is possible pretty naive and getting played by clubs and agents

We seem to have a scattergun approach, putting out more feelers than jimmy Saville on speed (too soon?)

Scattergun? We are after specific areas. As a Champioship club you have to send out a lot more feelers to find out if players are willing to drop down. The Adomah link hasn't come from us but more than likely leaked by his agent which you state is provably to get a better deal. This window because we. Are active we are the easy target to link players too. If Hernandez comes it's because we persued him all summer but as long as we get a striker in I'll be happy regardless if its our 10th choice just as long as it's a good one. 

It could be one of those joke rumours, like with Agbonlahor yesterday evening. Just seems to a lot of people tweeting it,a few saying he's at the Newcastle game at the moment. Might not be such a bad signing, but maybe a comedown compared to some of the other names linked.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Lot of people tweeting that the Daily Mail are reporting that we're getting Rickie Lambert on loan.

I'm sure RDM has said we don't need another target man so i think the DM are just making things up