Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Saw all his goals on Youtube from last season.... most are tap ins.. hes a poacher.. something we need.. but will we feed him the way Hull were? or the way Fulham with McCormack. We lack a creative midfielder and proper wide players. Adomah will be a good start. 

True, we really need to address the midfield. A proper right winger and a deep lying playmaker to replace Westwood should do the trick. One thing I will say about Hernandez is that he is very quick so I can imagine McCormack playing him in with the clever through balls he's capable of executing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd be surprised if one of Hull's new Chinese owners' first actions is selling their star player to a Championship club.

If it happens they will want time to spend the cash on players so maybe something could be close 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

As much as i want Hernandez that kind of money is stupid

I'd like us to have some left over for when/if we get promoted

The likelihood is that we will be spending more money next season than this season (if we go up) - based on Tony's ambitions and statements about making us one of the 'biggest' clubs in the world. So I wouldn't worry too much about spending all of next seasons 'money'. 

£20m is pretty obscene, I agree with that, but if comes in and scores 20+ and helps us get promoted then that money will be made back with the premier league revenues we will generate. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd be surprised if one of Hull's new Chinese owners' first actions is selling their star player to a Championship club.

Not all Chinese owners are epic as shit like ours, I feel for them if we snag their best player..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

Saw all his goals on Youtube from last season.... most are tap ins.. hes a poacher.. something we need.. but will we feed him the way Hull were? or the way Fulham with McCormack. We lack a creative midfielder and proper wide players. Adomah will be a good start. 

We create loads of chances we just can't finish them. He's exactly what we need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

'Is' as in 'is now, in this present moment'? That's simply not true. In their prime's then perhaps you have a case...

but Gabby isn't in his prime anymore, and not even Dr Xia can work out the flux capacitor.

Right now assuming he's at peak fitness.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't think we're creating enough in the box to be honest.

I think we've been creating enough in the box. Counting shots as chances we have had about 56 chances this season alone and I would say about 12-15 of those were in the box, yeah not a great ratio but with a striker that can actually finish that could easily turn into 12-15 goals. We need a guy like Hernandez. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I think we've been creating enough in the box. Counting shots as chances we have had about 56 chances this season alone and I would say about 12-15 of those were in the box, yeah not a great ratio but with a striker that can actually finish that could easily turn into 12-15 goals. We need a guy like Hernandez. 

We need Hernandez and midfielders. The service is shite. We have a 20 goal a season forward in McCormack getting hardly any chances per game, not good enough.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

As much as i want Hernandez that kind of money is stupid

I'd like us to have some left over for when/if we get promoted

You get a shit load of money when going into the premier league. Dr X also doesn't seem short of a few quid. What inside info have you got that makes you think we will have no money next year if we are promoted?

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We need Hernandez and midfielders. The service is shite. We have a 20 goal a season forward in McCormack getting hardly any chances per game, not good enough.

We've created more chances than any team in the league. In the last 3 games, we should, not could, should have been 2-3 goals up at ht. 

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

You get a shit load of money when going into the premier league. Dr X also doesn't seem short of a few quid. What inside info have you got that makes you think we will have no money next year if we are promoted?

Wasnt there some kind of clause in the sale of the club that meant if we go up in the first year then Randy will be owed an extra £60m - £70m or something like that?

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I blame Ayew almost entirely for that.. The guy seems to be allergic to passing to McCormack which is an issue given that Ayew is pretty much our most creative player. 

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Right now assuming he's at peak fitness.

A level he hasn't been at since the '12/'13 season.  So that's a hell of an assumption.  I think it's far safer to assume he's not at peak fitness and is therefore nowhere near Hernandez's levels.

• Like 1