Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

If you were a fan of Rotherham or Burton, the idea of bidding €17m for someone must be as mind boggling as how we perceive £50m for Stones, or £100m for Pogba. 

Now I'm certainly not complaining, but all things considered, even allowing for a total overhaul of the squad, there really isn't any excuse for not gaining promotion this season. 

Even to a fan of Sheffield Wednesday or Derby, two of the better teams. They would be thinking how on earth are we supposed to compete with a team who can afford to go out and blow £12-15m on a player... twice. That following £12m on a couple of defenders, £5m on a goalkeeper and another £4.5m on a 21 year old midfield 'prospect'. 

It feels a bit weird being one of the big clubs in the league again, doesn't it? I hope we enjoy our stay but move on swiftly of course. 

• Like 3

Absolutely. Its also gives me great confidence that when we do go up,  there will be sufficient backing to keep us there. 

Edited by av1

Reckon this is the exciting midfielder the good doctor mentioned a while ago. Probably didn't anticapate the drawn out agent/player negotiations. 

Just have to hope there's no 11th hour hijackings.

Click

tuttojuve.com 

Rai - Even two foreign clubs on Diawara. Napoli tries to shake: fixed meeting with the Bologna
15/08/2016 00:15 Drafting TuttoJuve 
Article read 1590 times
Photo
According to the colleague of Rai Ciro Venerable, the sports director of the Naples Cristiano Guintoli he would give appointment to the Bologna Riccardo Bigon ds in the middle of next week to try to define the transfer of Amadou Diawara in blue. The De Laurentiis club would be optimistic, despite the inclusion of two other foreign clubs as well as Juventus, Roma and Aston Villa 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whilst I agree that it would be a HUGE statement you don't really explain very well why this indicates government involvement?

Can't it just be that Tony is exactly who he says he is?

Either way thats a lovely position for us to be in :)

As much as I'd love to see Diawara join the club I can't see it happening. 

One of the big boys will swoop in and sign him up before were seriously considered by the boy.

Shame really 

Napoli coming back in for Diawara and some papers saying Juventus want him as well. Even if we were in the Premier League.. we would struggle with this one. Next to no chance here. Moving on!

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Does anyone have news on Ravel Morrison and what is happening? He is the player that i really want...

I have absolutely no idea why you or others think he's worth pursuing. The kind of money we're spending means we don't need to take risks of that magnitude.

I think with the likes of elphick, McCormack, Chester and potentially Jedinak we could slot another potential Maverick into the team. 

Just because people like Gabby, Richards and Lescott are still at the club doesn't mean we're still rotten. They know their position within the club now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think with the likes of elphick, McCormack, Chester and potentially Jedinak we could slot another potential Maverick into the team. 

Just because people like Gabby, Richards and Lescott are still at the club doesn't mean we're still rotten. They know their position within the club now.

And unlike those 3, Morrison is a hugely talented footballer.

• Like 1

I actually like our centrebacks now. 1-3 are different degrees of talent but all equally as professional and will always give 100%. Then we have the wildcard in Okore.

He could be the best of the lot but there is a massive question mark over him. This is his last chance IMO. If he can't do it in this league and force his way from 4th choice into contention for the starting 11 then it'll be time to cut our losses and let him leave when his contract expires. 

At least the pursuit of Diawara signals the good Dr's intent, which bodes particularly weĺl for when PL status is resumed. Doubtful he'll come, but then who would have imagined somebody paying squillions for Pogba.