Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we're actually trying to buy Bamford outright, and that's what the protraction is all about.

Not sure if thats a good idea though to be honest. If we are aiming for first time promotion, we will have no room for better strikers and Bamford still isnt proven.

• Like 1

I never have and never will like the idea of loaning someone else's player. I know it's necessary in the modern game but it either doesn't work out, or it just improves the bigger club's player for them. Don't agree with it. 

That said I'll eat my words if Bamford comes in on loan and helps us finish in the top two... It would still be gutting to achieve that though and then watch him go back to Chelsea. 

Edited by DamsonwoodVillan

1 minute ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I have never have and never will like the idea of loaning someone else's player. I know it's necessary in the modern game but it either doesn't work out, or it just improves the bigger club's player for them. Don't agree with it. 

That said I'll eat my words if Bamford comes in on loan and helps us finish in the top two... It would still be gutting to achieve that though and then watch him go back to Chelsea. 

What if that happens, somebody else in the Prem buys him the next season and he turns out to be a total dud in the Prem, meanwhile we have bought someone else who isn't with the Prem status achieved by this loan?

Things never work out like that for Villa mind, but in theory...

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

West Brom linked to Hernandez now

i do find it odd why we aren't scouting a few more less expensive targets from abroad, maybe we are...

I don't think we want to take unnecessary risks with players not settling etc. Least we know Hernandez can do it here. 

Bamford is better all round player than Gestede. Will be hard to sign better than him. That would leave us with McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and PB, given that we might often be playing with three strikers, I'd still think that that might leave us with room for one more, maybe Wells.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't see Diawara coming at all. However, very happy we appear to be signing the bearded one. 

I think Diawara will sign for us , just an inkling 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I never have and never will like the idea of loaning someone else's player. I know it's necessary in the modern game but it either doesn't work out, or it just improves the bigger club's player for them. Don't agree with it. 

1. He scored 17 league goals for Middlesbrough in a league we're in.

2. He won't play for Chelsea. He'd of done so by now.