Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Agent Dave -what a legend. We would never have known about this signing without his inside info.

I'm off to twitter to follow like and love him now.

I know, it's like he has a crystal ball or something. 

Agent Dave = NewsNow

Edited by GeneralJazzman

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Two weeks Wednesday and it will be all over. 

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

This is serious. I've just checked his profile and his location is "on a bridge".

Oh dear lord. 

• Like 2

Maybe Kingman read the quotes from Jedinak in the Croydon advertiser saying he is happy at Palace, and the evening standard also reporting it

edit: not that the quotes seem to actually state he is staying

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Maybe Kingman read the quotes from Jedinak in the Croydon advertiser saying he is happy at Palace, and the evening standard also reporting it

Nice way to keep it on topic, got dem mad skills.

Although that's not good news if true (both Kingman and Jedinak).

Edited by alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Personal terms agreed with Diawara? Never seen the lad play but it would be an incredible statement of intent considering the other clubs interested.

Would this be a meltdown signing? 

The rumours are 'fee agreed', very different to personal terms. We're talking about someone who's tried to engineer a move to Roma, and is now linked with Juventus. Convincing the player to join us is more of a battle than offering Bologne a lot of money. 

Just now, Qwpzxjor1 said:

The rumours are 'fee agreed', very different to personal terms. We're talking about someone who's tried to engineer a move to Roma, and is now linked with Juventus. Convincing the player to join us is more of a battle than offering Bologne a lot of money. 

I read an article stating that personal terms have been agreed too. But that may have got lost in translation. 

If you were a fan of Rotherham or Burton, the idea of bidding €17m for someone must be as mind boggling as how we perceive £50m for Stones, or £100m for Pogba. 

Now I'm certainly not complaining, but all things considered, even allowing for a total overhaul of the squad, there really isn't any excuse for not gaining promotion this season. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Personal terms agreed with Diawara? Never seen the lad play but it would be an incredible statement of intent considering the other clubs interested.

Would this be a meltdown signing? 

I would say so yes.

He is a wonderkid for sure and he's likely on the radar of every major club in the world as a result. 

Now we know Roma and Juventus were interested but never quite pulled the trigger, but he is 19 and priced at £14.6 million (€17 million) so that doesn't surprise me.

This would be a big signing for any club even in the Premier League. Yet in the Championship it is a blatant show of power by Villa if this sale goes through.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I read an article stating that personal terms have been agreed too. But that may have got lost in translation. 

Not the article i read, but there's a lot around. I hope yours is right, but I'm sceptical. Would be a hell of a message to English football though if we were to spend ~50m in the second tier. 

• Like 1