Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd never seen Pogba play in full before the Euros, but I knew he'd be a good signing. Hardly anyone I don't think had seen Elphick before he joined, but his arrival was hailed by many.

Pogba is hailed across Europe by many, diawara really isn't. Pogba has been playing at the top team in serie a, diawara is not even mid table in serie a. You cannot compare the 2 in any way shape or form. I think elphick was hailed based upon his reputation given to him by Bournemouth. Mainly because he has leader tendencies. Again, diawara has none of this. I just don't get how you can be so excited by someone you've never seen play.

He might not as rated as Pogba, but Diawara is highly rated in his own right, hence the links to Roma, Juventus and others and the fee being said to be around seventeen million euros for a nineteen year old. Plus as I mentioned I've seen him play in highlights, and have wanted us to sign him all summer. As a championship club, if we're going for this kind of player it speaks volumes.

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Important part to be missing

Considering the clubs he would rather go to don't seem to want him then a Yes is likely on the cards. He's a wonderkid so very few clubs will be taking a risk on him at 19 years old especially at that price tag.

1 minute ago, useless said:

He might not as rated as Pogba, but Diawara is highly rated in his own right, hence the links to Roma, Juventus and others and the fee being said to be around seventeen million euros for a nineteen year old. Plus as I mentioned I've seen him play in highlights, and have wanted us to sign him all summer. As a championship club, if we're going for this kind of player it speaks volumes.

I'm not denying that he must have something about him. Just can't get excited about someone I know so little about and haven't seen play.

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Pogba has been playing at the top team in serie a, diawara is not even mid table in serie a. 

I agree the comparison to Pogba is way off. But all good players don't start at top teams. In fact, most don't.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I agree the comparison to Pogba is way off. But all good players don't start at top teams. In fact, most don't.

Very true. let's hope he ends up at a top club then (us in a few years)

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm not denying that he must have something about him. Just can't get excited about someone I know so little about and haven't seen play.

That's how I've felt about every single signing we've made this season 

Think I may have seen a combined number of 10 games with the lot of them, if that. Can't say I remember a single game when any of them have featured except Chester in the Euro's.

So far I must say that all of them have been solid enough.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Hang on Useless, are you now saying that Pogba wasn't a viable target for us afterall?

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

But where does he fit? We've already signed Tshibola, as Jedinak seems to be incoming. We can't have 3 defence minded midfielders in the team, which pushes Tshibola onto the bench. We also have Lyden who can do a job if required.

We are very light in central midfield given Veretout will also leave in next few weeks. There's still speculation over Westwood aswell.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Hang on Useless, are you now saying that Pogba wasn't a viable target for us afterall?

Just make it clear I've never said that Pogba would be a viable target. So not sure what your trying to do here.

2 hours ago, sne said:

A player who sees us as a stepping stone, playing for a move to one of the top clubs in Europe will be just as motivated (or more) as someone who always wanted to play for Villa. Just different reasons behind the motivation.

Gana said same thing last season and he was pretty crap, Sissoko another one at Newcastle who hasnt turned up in nearly 2 years

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If that's true i can think of many reasons why he may be tempted to swap Serie A for the championship. What i don't understand is why someone rated so highly has got PL clubs scrambling for his signature.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

We are very light in central midfield given Veretout will also leave in next few weeks. There's still speculation over Westwood aswell.

Exactly. It's a long season, so it's not all about just having a good first XI.

Diawara, Jedinak, Tshibola, Gardner, Westwood is hardly overkill in CM. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Gana said same thing last season and he was pretty crap, Sissoko another one at Newcastle who hasnt turned up in nearly 2 years

No rule without exceptions.

On the other hand "Villa fans" like Gabby, Lescott, Knight have all be abysmal for us during their time here.

• Like 1