Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Looks like we're in for McNair....John Percy says there's interest and he broke most of our transfers last summer for the Telegraph so has good contacts at Villa.

Buy all the Mc's!

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's alright. Capable of wonder goals but also goes anonymous for long spells in games.

I actually think that's an interesting side to him...everyone goes on about his behaviour and mentality which is fair enough but how good a footballer is he actually? Remember him and Pogba were equals in the Man United youth team and now they're worlds apart.

Other problem I have is he's hardly played much in last year...played about 5 times for Lazio so he's from the Scott SInclair school of bench warming. 

That isn't Ravel at all. He rarely goes anonymous in games and is what completely set him apart from Pogba at United making them not equals. He was easily better. Pogba was capable of the magic but went missing while Ravel was capable of the magic while also completely controlling and dominating matches. 

As for the McNair links, are they for a loan or permanent? 

Edited by tommybread

4 minutes ago, tommybread said:

That isn't Ravel at all. He rarely goes anonymous in games and is what completely set him apart from Pogba at United making them not equals. He was easily better. Pogba was capable of the magic but went missing while Ravel was capable of the magic while also completely controlling and dominating matches. 

As for the McNair links, are they for a loan or permanent? 

United fans generally really rate him? He's such an enigma, born in the wrong era perhaps. 30 years ago his off the field stuff would have passed by relatively unnoticed. 

Irrelevant I know!

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

United fans generally really rate him? He's such an enigma, born in the wrong era perhaps. 30 years ago his off the field stuff would have passed by relatively unnoticed. 

Irrelevant I know!

Anyone who ever watched him at youth level could praise him all day long, he was simply sublime. It may seem like I'm waxing lyrical but he is the best youth player I and many others have ever seen, and by quite some distance. Ferdinand has even talked about how the likes of Pogba and Adnan Januzaj used to look up to Ravel. 

You may be right on the wrong era. He could fit right in with the likes of George Best.

Edited by tommybread
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Irrelevant I know!

He is apparently having a very good pre season with Lazio.  They be reluctant to let him go now

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Buy all the Mc's!

Villa have had a fair few Mc's in their days. McParland and McGrath being legends but the likes of McEwan, McLeod, McMahon, McNaught & McCann weren't bad...it's time for another Big Mac!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daholteend said:

Villa have had a fair few Mc's in their days. McParland and McGrath being legends but the likes of McEwan, McLeod, McMahon, McNaught & McCann weren't bad...it's time for another Big Mac!

Alex McLeish - 'nuff said, William McGregor - the first Legend.  Not players, I know, but possibly relevant to this part of the thread.