Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I hate all that "He's 30" bollocks. It's 2016 FFS.

If a player has been a decent professional, looked after himself, and stayed away from the booze, fags and laughing gas then there's no reason why they can't maintain a decent level for a fair  while longer. 

Even if we do happen to only get two/three more seasons out of him, you'd hope in that timeframe that he'd have scored the goals to get us back in the PL.

If that happens then £12M for a 30 year old will still have been a bargain. 

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

I think this ignores the fact that the transfer market is fluid.  Things genuinely do change.  I don't think it necessarily makes a liar out of someone.  Just MHO.

Not saying anyone is a liar. Just that sky sources aren't always the most accurate. Hopefully things have changed because I'd like him here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If a player has been a decent professional, looked after himself, and stayed away from the booze, fags and laughing gas then there's no reason why they can't maintain a decent level for a fair  while longer. 

Even if we do happen to only get two/three more seasons out of him, you'd hope in that timeframe that he'd have scored the goals to get us back in the PL.

Aka Zlatan. Isn't he 34? I know he's a completely different caliber but the point stands that if you look after yourself, you can still play at the top level. And we're not even playing in the top level.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not saying anyone is a liar. Just that sky sources aren't always the most accurate. Hopefully things have changed because I'd like him here. 

You just missed my edit which was that I know you weren't calling anyone a liar :thumb:  Apologies, I should have had that in the OP :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

True, but as someone else has said, and I was thinking the same. He proper looks like he has the potential to easily become a chubster!

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

McCormack isn't a chubster, though. If he was going to become one then he would have by now.

Maybe when he stops training daily, playing regularly for ninety minutes, and is retired then he might become fat, but that's none of our concern. 

He is a bit of a chubster already though :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't two respected ITK posters on here doubt the links with McCormack. Could be the usual sky sources getting it all wrong. 

Things change, earlier this window he wasn't a target now it appears he is so can only assume we are moving down the list.

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Things change, earlier this window he wasn't a target now it appears he is so can only assume we are moving down the list.

Sounds like we were aiming high if this guy is down the list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

I gotta say I am not familiar with all players in the first team - but I dont think we have enough depth on the bench....Need one ST, one MC/AMC/DMC, and one DC at least. 

This Saturday I will be watching my first Villa league game as a Villa fan and I will try to learn from it. 2-3 games I will know who's good and who needs to be sold. :D

Just a side note, we play Sunday ;)

• Like 1