Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Regarding Morrison. When you have a squad full of plonkers, i wouldn't have thought adding to it was a good idea. 

Generally I agree. However, he's absolutely brilliant at football. If he has matured and the rest of the world haven't noticed yet, he's way too good for this league. Of that I'm sure. 

He's alright. Capable of wonder goals but also goes anonymous for long spells in games.

I actually think that's an interesting side to him...everyone goes on about his behaviour and mentality which is fair enough but how good a footballer is he actually? Remember him and Pogba were equals in the Man United youth team and now they're worlds apart.

Other problem I have is he's hardly played much in last year...played about 5 times for Lazio so he's from the Scott SInclair school of bench warming. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think that's an interesting side to him...everyone goes on about his behaviour and mentality which is fair enough but how good a footballer is he actually? Remember him and Pogba were equals in the Man United youth team and now they're worlds apart.

He was actually supposed to have been better than Pogba when they were in the youth side together, but as you say their careers have taken different paths.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Generally I agree. However, he's absolutely brilliant at football. If he has matured and the rest of the world haven't noticed yet, he's way too good for this league. Of that I'm sure. 

I'll be honest mate, I've never seen the bloke play. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's alright. Capable of wonder goals but also goes anonymous for long spells in games.

Other problem I have is he's hardly played much in last year...played about 5 times for Lazio so he's from the Scott SInclair school of bench warming. 

I'm not sure I agree all that much with the first line. I've only ever seen him dominate games to be honest, though maybe I've only ever caught him on his good days. Quick, direct, strong, sublime technique. Fans of the clubs he has played for almost to a man adore him, so it's clear to me that his issues are mental. As in he is a bit mental. 

He and Pogba are of course worlds apart. Though Pogba himself was turfed out of United by Ferguson because his attitude stank. It still stinks to a degree, though he has managed to turn it around just enough to become the player he has. Overrated to an extent, but seriously good. Madrid good. 

I don't think it's fair to ask Morrisson to reach that level. But he COULD have matured for all we know and be itching to get on with his career. I'm not close enough to the player to make such a judgement, obvs. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He was actually supposed to have been better than Pogba when they were in the youth side together, but as you say their careers have taken different paths.

In which case, watching Pogba become the most expensive player in the world at some point during the next few weeks might give the bloke the kick up the backside that it seems he needs. 

West Ham fans loved Morrison and were mad at Allardyce when he got rid. Looking on a sha forum the other day and they were rating him as their best player since Dugarry, if not better and were gutted at the prospect of him signing for us. Did well at QPR as well. Don't think he's been in trouble for a while now either at least not in public.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

In which case, watching Pogba become the most expensive player in the world at some point during the next few weeks might give the bloke the kick up the backside that it seems he needs. 

some people never mature though and he seems one of them players

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'd say after PL deadline day.

Very much this, loan deals right now probably won't be favourable 

the championship loan deadline is October I think (if FM taught me anything...) says Spurs can't sell bentaleb or Pritchard, or Madrid can't sell Isco...that's when you try and get a cheeky loan deal in, if they're not registered and effectively dead weight at a prem club then the ball is our court and we should be able to wrangle a better deal

said many times I personally don't want any loan deal that hasn't got a buy out clause, Kyle walker still pisses me off

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

some people never mature though and he seems one of them players

He's only 23, plus I think he has learning difficulties, so rather than a case of maturing I think it's about helping him cope with his mental challenges. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

He's only 23, plus I think he has learning difficulties, so rather than a case of maturing I think it's about helping him cope with his mental challenges. 

Good, he wont notice uncle tony scratching out the release clause.