Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Jedinak is what we've been desperately missing in the midfield in recent years, a born commander who does more than occasionally pass the ball and/or give it away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meme said:

Jedinak is what we've been desperately missing in the midfield in recent years, a born commander who does more than occasionally pass the ball and/or give it away.

Why are they letting him go if he is so good? Genuine question as I know absolutely nothing about him. Do you think he is only really good for the level we are at? Or could he also come with us to the Premier League and be solid?

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I hate all that "He's 30" bollocks. It's 2016 FFS.

If a player has been a decent professional, looked after himself, and stayed away from the booze, fags and laughing gas then there's no reason why they can't maintain a decent level for a fair  while longer. 

Even if we do happen to only get two/three more seasons out of him, you'd hope in that timeframe that he'd have scored the goals to get us back in the PL.

If that happens then £12M for a 30 year old will still have been a bargain. 

Exactly, Do you think Sunderland fans care that Jermain Defoe is 33?

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I've seen Pritchard from Spurs linked to Brighton today, £8m.

Don't know much about him big apparently a playmaker. 

Any thoughts on him? 

Would be an instant upgrade to our midfield

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why are they letting him go if he is so good? Genuine question as I know absolutely nothing about him. Do you think he is only really good for the level we are at? Or could he also come with us to the Premier League and be solid?

He likes a tackle. Good free kick taker. Won promotion with Palace. Think he was their captain for a bit. We need someone just like that imo although Id be surprised if some of the premier league clubs weren't in for him too. 

• Like 1

Aston Villa will seek a replacement for Idrissa Gana after he completed a £7.1m move to Everton.

Boss Roberto Di Matteo has no intention on leaving himself short on numbers in the middle of the park and has been busy planning for the inevitable departure.

With Carlos Sanchez attracting interest from both Fiorentina and Marseille, and Villa already telling Jordan Veretout he can leave on loan, there’s a clear need to strengthen in times ahead.

The search for a creative midfielder is already on-going and the Italian has a list of enforcers he will also consider before the close of the transfer window.

He’s said to be pleased with the pre-season performances from Aaron Tshibola, Gary Gardner and Ashley Westwood but knows another middle man must be added to the group. Three players fighting for two positions is not enough.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-list-midfield-enforcers-11696746

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

McNair would be a squad player though rather than a starter so unless we're shifting out Richards and lescott too then it doesn't make much sense to me

I would have thought they'd only loan him out to somewhere who will play him. 

Isn't it interesting how differently the club is using the Mail already, leaking bits and bobs to them and using them as a tool rather than an adversary?

A side of:

Gollini

Hutton Elphick Baker Amavi

Jedinak     Westwood

Gardner                       Grealish

Ayew      McCormack

Looks a hell of a lot better than the garbage we had here last season:

Guzan

Hutton  Clark  Lescott  Richardson

Bacuna  Westwood Gana Veretout 

Gil           Gabby

... Not saying we ever saw that side, or that all those players are bad (I think Gana and Gil, and even Veretout and others have talent) but the two sides look different enough not to make me cry after seeing a team sheet!