Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Maybe I'm off with the figures, but look at Andre Gray, (£6m from Brentford to Burnley), Benik Afobe (£2m for Arsenal to Wolves) Calum Wilson (£3m from Coventry to Bournemouth) There will be players like that out there at those sort of prices, like Clough for example, and I would much rather pick up 2-3 of those than rely on 1.

New TV deal has put paid to those kinds of deals, even at this level. 

1 minute ago, Jenko#4 said:

Maybe I'm off with the figures, but look at Andre Gray, (£6m from Brentford to Burnley), Benik Afobe (£2m for Arsenal to Wolves) Calum Wilson (£3m from Coventry to Bournemouth) There will be players like that out there at those sort of prices, like Clough for example, and I would much rather pick up 2-3 of those than rely on 1.

We should go and get one of those type players anyway but that said we already have two in the youth team - Green and Hepburn-Murphy. They could make the step up this season. McCormack and an AM would be nice before Sunday....

would be happy with McCormack.  If Clark goes as well as Gueye then we will have  whole new spine in the team whilst spending next to nothing....very clever IMO.  Leaves plenty in the kitty for more signings!

i am liking this strategy. Seems RDM as noted to failures of previous managers in the transfer market!

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Would take the lad but for £12m I am dissapointed we couldn't pull out a gem of a signing.

Seems like a bit of a last resort.

Meh, I'm done with trying to pull off those kind of signings. We tried that last year and it was an epic fail. 

Give me tried and tested. At least up at the business end. 

4 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Clark + Gueye money for McCormack then?

I think we have to move on from this sort of negative thinking.

At this stage we should assume that Xia has the wherewithal to fund his tilt at world domination. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think we have to move on from this sort of negative thinking.

At this stage we should assume that Xia has the wherewithal to fund his tilt at world domination. 

This wasn't a negative post, I'm happy we are replacing 2 of these players with someone like McCormack.

Ross McCormack turns 30 in two weeks. About to move for another eight-figure sum. Never played a Premier League game. Utter madness. (off twitter)

I don't care though.  The new wave football fans that want to be bankers can do one.  SAF signed RVP at 31 to win a league... I'm hoping this guy gets us promoted.

Edited by philgetaway
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

There you go.  That's all there is to understand really.  We BADLY lack goals and he is guaranteed goals.

For me, I don't believe this season should be about projects.  We have been flushed down the Premier League toilet and we are where we are.  Floating amongst Championship stools.  I don't want to spend any more time than we have to treading water with this lot.  It's about getting out of here asap.  We can speculate on possible talent when we're back where we belong.  But right now it's about getting the best players for THIS season and going straight back up.

Absolutely this. We need a goal scorer more than any other player. McCormick has proven consistently over a number of seasons that he can score goals at this level. That is what we desperately need. Forget about next season. We need to do everything in our power to get promoted this season.

Just now, Deisler123 said:

2-3 games I will know who's good and who needs to be sold.

Seems you're getting the hang of being a Villa fan already ;):thumb:

• Like 3