Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

The amount of crap coming out of twitter right now is amusing:D. Folks moaning we spent £15 million on Kodija, 1. It's not our money and 2. I'd take any solid striker right now because we've already seen our inability to put games away with missed chances. 

Not to bothered by Adama going, his attitude sticks and even Ayew for that matter if we could bring in someone by the deadline. Honestly, we've spent to long having bad blood in our squad, players who just don't care. 

I remember being really optimistic last summer with all the new players arriving. I think the big difference this year is that everyone coming in has proven themselves at this level and is not untested - and I'm very optimistic because of some of the outs as well.

first deadline day in a while where I can't wait to see what happens - Adomah in, Richards out and a replacement on loan maybe?

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

For what it's worth, I agree with the point. We're paying huge amounts for Championship quality players.

It means we have to get promoted this season or the next - otherwise this could really bite us in the ass. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Just out of interest @bobzy how will it "bite us in the ass" if we don't get promoted this season? What do you see happening if promotion doesn't pan out?

If we don't go up in the next two seasons - not just this one - but we'll have spend a whole load of money with the need to (presumably) spend more. FFP could kick in at that point and I doubt the Football League would be happy with a huge overspend.

I could be wrong, but it worries me slightly. 

• Like 1

I think we may be okay for FFP due to us receiving the parachute payments for Relegation from the Premier League.  

In two years time if still in this league we will be in trouble as we lose that income.

48 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Devils advocate: on that basis we shouldnt moan when the money isn't being spent?

If the squad isn't being maintained or the manager backed, then we have every right to complain yes. 

The two scenarios are at complete opposite ends of the scale. Your devil's advocate almost  makes it sound like he'd rather the manager wasn't backed to the hilt!

• Like 1