Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I don't know what I think of Rhodes and will only offer an opinion after Michael118 has given his opinion on him.

If you don't agree with my opinions on players then ignore them. Easy.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, useless said:

carolinesummer is the same person Agbonlahor spoke to when he said that 'all good things come to an end'.

Bless Caroline lol. She seems like the overly sensitive emotional type.

One of those take out for a drink end up in bed "I don't normally do this" every other weekend type! :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Not sure i agree with this, before his injury last year Amavi was arguably our best player (yes i know, not much competition from last years squad) however he looked very promising. Although Cissokho will be very decent in the championship, i'd like to see a lot more of what Amavi has to offer. I'll leave a video in the Amavi thread for you to take a look at ;)

I agree with you Flynnchin84, Amavi was our best, attacking, option until he got injured. The confusion comes about, I think, simply because I think a player listed as being a defensive player should have, at least some rudimentary defensive skills. Amavi's initial mindset seems to be in attack mode when it should be in defence mode. As I said, he can learn basic defending, if he wants to stay a left back or, he could move to a spot that his natural playing style is better suited to.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Hutton says he's going nowhere... <_<

See the comments in this Instagram post. @hutton02 is actually his verified account.

CqtIIqnXEAAhk0w.jpg

Is she actually mental? Doesn't want to lose Gabby, Sinclair or Hutton?

When I read "then scott" I had to have a good hard think about who the hell she was on about.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Is she actually mental? Doesn't want to lose Gabby, Sinclair or Hutton?

When I read "then scott" I had to have a good hard think about who the hell she was on about.

It's probably less to do with ability and more to do with thier balls.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

It's probably less to do with ability and more to do with thier balls.

I considered that too but in Gabby and Hutton she's pretty much chosen two of our ugliest players :lol: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Cant we just play Amavi as a LW?

I've said this a few times before, actually. I agree.

If you push Grealish in centrally behind RMC, then have Ayew and Amavi either side, you have pace and strength down the wings with the trickery of Grealish in behind RMC.

I'm all for signing a new 'World Class' no.9 but I'd love to see how the above worked. Cisskho is terrible going forward but defensively he is actually ok. Amavi is the polar opposite and although not on the level of Bale, he could become that type of player.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

I agree with you Flynnchin84, Amavi was our best, attacking, option until he got injured. The confusion comes about, I think, simply because I think a player listed as being a defensive player should have, at least some rudimentary defensive skills. Amavi's initial mindset seems to be in attack mode when it should be in defence mode. As I said, he can learn basic defending, if he wants to stay a left back or, he could move to a spot that his natural playing style is better suited to.

I think that is a fair point.

---------------------McScore ---------------------

Amavi----------------Jack-------------------Ayew

--------------Jedi---------------Tish---------------

Aly------------Elphick------Chester---------RDL

-----------------------Gollini------------------------

Be interesting to see as a set-up I agree. Amavi and Ayew will both track back too so defensively I'd say we'd be better off.

• Like 1