Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

45 minutes ago, Garvey13 said:

you missed out checking twitter too

talking of which ,

Morrison now follows : Aston Villa , joleon lescott ,Jack Grealish , Tommy Elphick and Pierluigi Gollini

He's either a closet fan or trying to tell us something ( though tbf he does follow a fair few other footballers )

Edited by tonyh29

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

talking of which ,

Morrison now follows : Aston Villa , joleon lescott ,Jack Grealish , Tommy Elphick and Pierluigi Gollini

He's either a closet fan or trying to tell us something ( though tbf he does follow a fair few other footballers )

well that's fun lets see if its just him checking out potential team mates or having a giggle (i know i would do that kind of thing to wind people up if i was in his position)

Edited by Garvey13

Ayew constantly linked to West Brom from all the bad sites. Tell them to f### off, Tony and that they can have Lescott back.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

How would a journo know more than the owner?

This is weird.

This. It's like they're still stuck in the old routine of being able to make up vague stories because generally speaking owners aren't as vocal as Tone.

They are going to need to adapt soon or risk looking even more foolish than they already do. 

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

talking of which ,

It's Richards, not Elphick.  He likely knows him, and Lescott, from his time in Manchester.  Gollini too.  Grealish is an interesting one as they weren't in the U21s together.  Villa seems an odd one to follow too.  Need to see if he starts following Dr X!

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

This. It's like they're still stuck in the old routine of being able to make up vague stories because generally speaking owners aren't as vocal as Tone.

They are going to need to adapt soon or risk looking even more foolish than they already do. 

Or Tony was right at the time, in that a deal was close, but it has since collapsed? Doesn't have to be a case of knowing more than the owner or making up stories. Things change.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How would a journo know more than the owner?

This is weird.

Problem with transfers is that the goalposts move all the time, similar to the announcement of "hoping to have Technical Director in" by X time never came off and I suspect that lead to his tweet re: Team playing dirty etc.

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Or Tony was right at the time, in that a deal was close, but it has since collapsed? Doesn't have to be a case of knowing more than the owner or making up stories. Things change.

So instead of telling us Tony tells a journalist? Whether it came from Tony, the players agent or the other club I would have thought Tony would have mentioned it on Twitter if that was now the case.

He tweets about near enough everything else!