Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, sne said:

So with Gana possibly off to Everton midfield looking even more of a joke.

2 quality CM and 1 winger needed at least needed asap.

Don't forget the 2 strikers and a RB really don't think Hutton should be a starter if we want to get promoted

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Duck said:

I'm being a complete doom merchant I know. It's along season, but I just don't have the faith in the current team if they start off this coming season the way last season ended. I really don't think they could take another couple of poor results on the trot.

If we get a couple of strong players on I'll be happier, but they need to come in soon...

Don't apologise for being a doom merchant.....you should be praised for speaking your mind.

Its equally fine for being optimistic, providing there is a genuine belief in the sentiment and a rationale for feeling so.

Its not a case of how we feel its more to do with our reasoning for feeling it.

I have been a proud positive fan in the distant past, but our recent past i have been filled with melancholy and doubt......only to be disappointed in what unfolds and desperately wanting my initial thoughts to be wrong.

Rarely, in the relative past seasons have i been confident of our player recruits and rarely have i been enamoured with the youth. I see nothing wrong in talking things up, but without sufficient substance its pure hope and self serving.

its anyones call to how they feel about our future.....but there is no wrong and right.....just our opinions.

I just welcome the honesty that is spoken.

• Like 4

So... anyone think that we can make the changes we need to make for a promotion push, and it being successful when these players won't have a pre-season with us?

If we end up buying players from overseas and they don't get a pre-season with us, I really doubt we will be up there at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So... anyone think that we can make the changes we need to make for a promotion push, and it being successful when these players won't have a pre-season with us?

If we end up buying players from overseas and they don't get a pre-season with us, I really doubt we will be up there at the end of the season. 

Well there seems to be a lot of links the last few days to outgoing players. If these go through then I'd like to think we'd have a few signings in quick succession. We're desperate for some midfielders and a striker. I said I don't think this squad could do more than a late play-off push and I stick by that, but some new players (depending who they are) could make a world of difference.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In with you, as it stands we're **** (again). Lots and lots of talk from Tony, he needs to deliver on it and quickly...

It all depends what combination is out there for the season. 

The team I mentioned yesterday 

Gollini

Hutton Elphick Baker Amavi 

Tshibola Gardner 

Green Ayew Grealish 

Kodija 

I'm pretty sure that side could pose a challenge at least to finish top six but the combinatons in all parts of the side have to come together. 

A real quality striker and a creative midfielder are a must. I still think we need to improve the wing attacking options and at right back too. 

1 minute ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

It all depends what combination is out there for the season. 

The team I mentioned yesterday 

Gollini

Hutton Elphick Baker Amavi 

Tshibola Gardner 

Green Ayew Grealish 

Kodija 

I'm pretty sure that side could pose a challenge at least to finish top six but the combinatons in all parts of the side have to come together. 

A real quality striker and a creative midfielder are a must. I still think we need to improve the wing attacking options and at right back too. 

The two midfielders are injury prone which doesn't fill me with confidence, especially in a 46 game season. 

• Like 1

Tbh I'm more sat watching grealish,  green and Hepburn Murphy have a great preseason and Gardner have a decent one and thinking maybe, just maybe...

Yes we need a couple more but at the same time what we don't need is the ghosts of ten players who aren't playing hanging round BMH dragging everyone else down, it's more important that they go

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tbh I'm more sat watching grealish,  green and Hepburn Murphy have a great preseason and Gardner have a decent one and thinking maybe, just maybe...

Yes we need a couple more but at the same time what we don't need is the ghosts of ten players who aren't playing hanging round BMH dragging everyone else down, it's more important that they go

I'm fully with this. So sick of these words removed that were an absolute disgrace last season. Let's give players who want to be here and help us recover the chance and we will sign new players. Can't wait to get rid of more of these rocket polishers. 

Gabby,  Richards,  Bacuna,  lescott ?

Sinclair may be wanted do we want to sell?

Sanchez who wants him?

Gana a release clause has been activated maybe

Veretout who wants him?

Guzan looks to be off

So not many certainties amongst those that you say are off and I would just add of those I would say they arent many of the rocket polishers.  The rocket polishers are mostly the ones I've listed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Gabby,  Richards,  Bacuna,  lescott ?

Sinclair may be wanted do we want to sell?

Sanchez who wants him?

Gana a release clause has been activated maybe

Veretout who wants him?

Guzan looks to be off

So not many certainties amongst those that you say are off and I would just add of those I would say they arent many of the rocket polishers.  The rocket polishers are mostly the ones I've listed

Sanchez and Veretout have been linked with a couple of clubs. 

We might not get rid of every one but it's looking likely that we'll get rid of a good few of the shit and especially ones who don't want to help us. 

17 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Because Tony Xia is th e only person in the club who can do anything and doesn't have a staff set-up precisely to deal with transfers.

I hate posts like this. The club is capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

I think it was a piss take of people who get worked up over lack of signings.