Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Although we have Hutton, maybe he could give him a call;)

Language barrier.  VDV only speaks Dutch, German and English :P 

• Like 3

Having a defensive fullback and a wingback, on both sides is the optimum, I would think.

At right back my choices would be, Kyle Naughton of Swansea would be my defensive back, with Chris Gunter of Reading being the wingback. Bacuna I'd play as right midfield.

On the left side, I would keep Cissokho as the defensive back and have Amavi as the wingback. Bennett I would move to left midfield.

Of the centre backs, I'd keep Elphick, Baker and Toner. I think another 2 centre backs would be sufficient. I'd go for James Chester of WBA and Tomas Kalas of Chelsea.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I don't think it's fair to give one of our hardest working players with one of the best attitudes stick for maybe being deflated towards the end just like the rest of the team, especially after how he fought his way back. I would rather judge him for the majority as a pose to the hiccups. (Strictly attitude and character speaking, not ability)

Agreed, plus anyone who saw the Nantes game will surely have noticed how most of our approach play, in the first half anyway, was down the right involving Hutton. I suspect he's in the plan for the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

we can't rely on Hutton to create anything other than yellow cards

This is true. Not many know this but Hutton actually has a card factory back in his native Scotland. A limited product range, it produces yellow ones, red ones and ones that say "get well soon, Dad".

• Like 3

Not sure van der Vaart is in the right state of mind. (Nor the type of person I'd like at the club)

Always been a bit "special" and since he assaulted his then wife, and the following divorce he's not been even close to his former level.

Did nothing last year for Betis and has gotten distinctly worse by the season.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would anyone take Bentaleb from Spurs? Been told he can leave... 

Bearing in mind they're after £8m for Pritchard, I imagine Spudzzz will want circa £12m+ for Bentaleb.

Cannot see it happening (or Bentaleb dropping down a league either)

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure van der Vaart is in the right state of mind. (Nor the type of person I'd like at the club)

Always been a bit "special" and since he assaulted his then wife, and the following divorce he's not been even close to his former level.

Did nothing last year for Betis and has gotten distinctly worse by the season.

I think this is known as 'post Lerners desiese'.

Nabil Bentaleb & Alex Pritchard are apparently surplus to requirements at Spurs, I'd have both I think, particularly Pritchard who if I'm correct in thinking is the former Brentford midfielder has experience at this level and performed well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I read somewhere that RDM was going to employ attacking full backs.

on that basis RDM out as he's already destined to fail  ...I want my full backs to defend not be good for the occasional assist on fantasy football

seriously though , why this insistence for a Full Back to run 60 yards up the pitch to receive a pass from a midfielder who should  be better equipped to beat a defender and put a cross in .. even at Bristol the other day , every time Green got it he was looking to pass it to Hutton on the overlap  ..  you're a 17 year old hot prospect trying to earn a move to Spurs FFS , run at players don't give it to Alan Bloody Hutton

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

on that basis RDM out as he's already destined to fail  ...I want my full backs to defend not be good for the occasional assist on fantasy football

seriously though , why this insistence for a Full Back to run 60 yards up the pitch to receive a pass from a midfielder who should  be better equipped to beat a defender and put a cross in .. even at Bristol the other day , every time Green got it he was looking to pass it to Hutton on the overlap  ..  you're a 17 year old hot prospect trying to earn a move to Spurs FFS , run at players don't give it to Alan Bloody Hutton

Coz 4-4-2 is dead innit.  Nowadays everyone has their full backs bomb on to provide width, especially if you want two up front but don't want to be outnumbered in central midfield.

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Coz 4-4-2 is dead innit.  Nowadays everyone has their full backs bomb on to provide width, especially if you want two up front but don't want to be outnumbered in central midfield.

Leicester played 4-4-2  didn't they ? I thought that would see a surge of teams switching over to it with a pressing game

• Like 1

Gk. Gollini

RB. ? 

CB. Elphick

CB. Okore

LB. Amavi. 

DM. Bentaleb

DM. Tshibola

AMR. Traore. 

AMC. Grealish.

AML. Pritchard. 

CF. Ayew

then I remember this isn't football manager and it isn't that easy.  

Pritchard would be an excellent signing, was very good for Brentford two seasons ago.

Van Der Vaart's legs have gone so similar to Joe Cole but that's based on the top level at Hamburg and Betis where he rarely played so he might still be o;k in the championship as an experienced player .

Personally, striker wise I really like the look of that Bristol City bloke to the point where now I would almost be dissappointed if we don't sign him. Silly I know. Anyone know what happened to Oulare? I think some of us were talking about him last season too.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Personally, striker wise I really like the look of that Bristol City bloke to the point where now I would almost be dissappointed if we don't sign him. Silly I know. Anyone know what happened to Oulare? I think some of us were talking about him last season too.

I'm very keen for him to come on board as well.

Like you, I would be disappointed if he doesn't sign. That said, I know we shouldn't go too over the to on a striker who is realistically going to cost around the same as Kozak or Gestede. I'm also sure that there could easily be a YT video made showing his bad bits, that would put us off.

Who else is there though? He looks strong, tall, agile and mobile-Just what we need. There is a possibility that he can raise his game and also a possibility that another striker will also sign. What is sure is that he'll be an improvement on what we have already.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone know what happened to Oulare? I think some of us were talking about him last season too.

I read wolves are trying to get him loan from Watford.

Edit: Scrap that, i was thinking about a report from January 

Wolves want to take Watford striker Obbi Oulare on loan until the end of the season as they aim to keep up their promotion hopes.

Molineux boss Kenny Jackett is on the look out for a new striker following the departure of Benik Afobe to Bournemouth.

Here

Edited by av1