Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

I haven't seen him play but have been told he can be abit hit and miss, great at times but can dissapear for a few games. thats as much as i know about him

In fairness, the same could have been said about Benteke.

As there doesn't appear to be any PL interest in him and £5million isn't a lot for a striker, we have to keep our feet on the ground a bit. He certainly appears mobile which is what we crave for currently.

Who knows, maybe a more well known striker is also being considered as well? There have been suggestions of 2 coming in.

37 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Based on what exactly? In fact he only tweeted the other day about how we all have to put our faith in the coaching team as they know what they're doing and he's said numerous times it's about getting the right people in, letting them do their job and working together.

Not that you care, but I find it hard to respect an opinion not only with little basis but with plenty of evidence to the contrary...

Where is the plenty? Because whilst I would admit to not knowing him personally, not sure many of us do, I am basing my opinion on all of his tweets , Amavi staying, Ayew staying, strikers with bullets etc etc etc. Which in my opinion are at best naive and demonstrate a lack of appreciation of the business we are in. That's my basis . Also it has not been unknown for owners totally new to football to come into a club and blur the lines a little . Not saying he is doing it maliciously 

you know when people form opinions they do so looking for things that back up an opinion which is already forming, so they look for things. Everybody does it. So I do appreciate that others may not have the same opinion, or that they read things differently

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Need a striker to finish but yesterday was a terrifying reminder of just how desperately we need new players who can 'create' opportunities and break down defenses.  One of main weakness last year was our inability to create a goal threat and we have done absolutely nothing to change that yet - in fact we could arguably be a bit weaker in that department with Gill going and maybe Sinclair following him out the door. A striker is the priority, but we also need to buy some attacking midfielders who can create and score goals - and possibly an attacking right back.

I'm away for the weekend- what happened yesterday please?

If we are serious about signing Kodija we'll have to pay closer to what Bristol value him at which I imagine is considerably more than the £5m we've allegedly offered.

Looks Gestede-esque is size and stature but noticeably quicker with better movement on and off the ball. He looks to picks goals off crosses into the box - something we need to address...

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks mate, he looks great, a finisher

Yep, plus only 26 years old too.

I know people will always say that a highlight reel will naturally focus on the good play and not the poor, but he's still got to have the good bits to begin with. Like I said, I've never watched a game with him in, but that video does look promising should he join.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

Where is the plenty? Because whilst I would admit to not knowing him personally, not sure many of us do, I am basing my opinion on all of his tweets , Amavi staying, Ayew staying, strikers with bullets etc etc etc. Which in my opinion are at best naive and demonstrate a lack of appreciation of the business we are in. That's my basis . Also it has not been unknown for owners totally new to football to come into a club and blur the lines a little . Not saying he is doing it maliciously 

you know when people form opinions they do so looking for things that back up an opinion which is already forming, so they look for things. Everybody does it. So I do appreciate that others may not have the same opinion, or that they read things differently

And then you question why people call you a pessimist. You are, intentionally or not, finding the negatives in things.

He tweeted about Ayew and Amavi staying. As far as I'm aware, they're currently Villa players. If they leave, sure, I can understand the complaints tweeting about them staying. But while they're still here, he's a man of his word.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If we are serious about signing Kodija we'll have to pay closer to what Bristol value him at which I imagine is considerably more than the £5m we've allegedly offered.

Looks Gestede-esque is size and stature but noticeably quicker with better movement on and off the ball. He looks to picks goals off crosses into the box - something we need to address...

Fair assessment. Personally I'd play Ayew as a second striker off of him, and as you point out, get more creativity in central midfield and width in the side. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fair assessment. Personally I'd play Ayew as a second striker off of him, and as you point out, get more creativity in central midfield and width in the side. 

I agree - I suppose it also depends on whether we get Morrison in (as highly rumoured) I think Ayew would play wider on the right with Morrison as the '10' and Grealish on the left. Who knows, the three could interchange positions?

Whilst that would/should offer more creativity, it wouldn't necessarily mean wider play.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Apparently we've sold Sinclair for £4.5m to Celtic. Not a bad fee tbh...

Yeah - have seen the twitter rumours this morning (£3m up front and £1.5m in add ons)

Good business if true (fingers crossed)