Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He scores goals as I understand it. 

Plus, look who he's played for. With all due respect, Fulham and Leeds were never realistically challenging for promotion. Not just due to McCormack but because of the overall quality in their teams.

didnt Fulham sign him for big money straight after relegation. I assume they expected him to fire them out of that league

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Surely Darren Bent is the Darren Bent of the Championship.

/pedant

:P

He's the Darren Bent of the Championship but only compared to when Darren Bent was in the Premiership rather than Darren Bent's current spell in the Championship during which, of course, Darren Bent is the Darren Bent of the Championship.

B)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He's the Darren Bent of the Championship but only compared to when Darren Bent was in the Premiership rather than Darren Bent's current spell in the Championship during which, of course, Darren Bent is the Darren Bent of the Championship.

B)

And also obviously because of his demise, Darren Bent is far from being the Darren Bent of the championship anymore :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

would be tasty and very potent

A night out with me will mean you'll know something much tastier... ;)

Wetherspoons.

Wait, what did you think I was going to say?

Edited by meme

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt Fulham sign him for big money straight after relegation. I assume they expected him to fire them out of that league

I expect they did but there's more to a team than just a goal scorer. It would be unrealistic to blame him solely for Fulham staying down.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

RE: McCormack; 

Why didn't Christian Benteke fire us to the top of the league? It's ridiculous to assert that because he hasn't scored the goals to take a team up yet that he isn't capable of doing so. 

He's nothing like Darren Bent either. He holds the ball up well enough and brings others into play with intricate forward passing, works tirelessly, can shoot from any angle including outside the box and has 26 assists to go with his 60 goals in the last 2 and a half season. Twenty-six. Sixty.

Why is he not in the Premier League? He's 5'9" and he lacks discernible pace. The Championship is his level but he's **** good at it. 

Spot on but he'd still score in the PL he has good movement I think no ones gambled as its a lot for an unproven 29 yo in the PL We on the other hand know he'll score in this league and hopefully he'll have a crack at showing what he can do in the PL next year. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, thabucks said:

Still want us to sign Nick Powell and one of Pritchard or Tom Carrol. Then either Bamford (my preference) or McCormack and maybe Wilson from Man Utd. Oh and maybe one or two more. Rico Henry, Morrison. 

Tom Carroll and Patrick Bamford will do nicely please!

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think he needs a solid base.  Was touted as a future England star when he moved from Forest but hasn't found stability anywhere (joys of Chelski, I suppose).

He's a cracking little player in terms of technique and intelligence and has scored plenty of goals at Championship level.  People will point at his Premier League goals tally being 0 to say "he can't make the step up" - I honestly think he can, and that's why Palace and Norwich (among others, but they secured the loans) were keen to see him.  From memory, he almost scored a beaut against Man City when at Norwich (hit the bar?).

Loan with a view to permanent would be fine.  I'd rather buy Bamford than McCormack outright, if that was an option.

Couldn't have put it any better- I think the kid has loads to offer and would love to see him in a villa shirt.

i honestly believe he has the attributes to go right to the very top. He needs stability and game time- then watch him go.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well actually, The Premier League was known as The Premiership right up until the start of 07/08 season. Darren Bent played in this competition. 

funny-gifs-otterly-relaxing.gif

I have tasted my own medicine, and it tastes bitter, @bobzy

Damn you DDID!

IwjsDY9.gif

• Like 4