Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We seem to being linked with a lot of players from Serie A. Might be a clue as to who our Technical Director, is going to be.

or just lazy journalism

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I saw that too. Would be a good signing. Liked him at QPR. Not sure how much credence there is in the source though. 

Source is bollocks, just checked the bio

15 minutes ago, useless said:

We seem to being linked with a lot of players from Serie A. Might be a clue as to who our Technical Director, is going to be.

Maybe the guy who was with Capello and also popped up at Spurs, Baldini I think?

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I have no issue with Morrison coming in. He clearly has talent, and could cause havoc in the Championsip. 

the only worry is that he could also cause havoc in our dressing room :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

More likely just that there is a definite Italian flavour to our management team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

along with a complete new backline. a winger is a key position we need to fill especially with Rudy up front

If we're still left with Gestede up front, it will have been a desperately bad window. I'm confident we won't be.

• Like 2

The type of football that it would take to get the best out of Gestede, isn't the type of football that get's you out of the Championship, these days. And he's not good enough for us to be building our team around him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I've wanted Gestede to do well, next season, ever since I saw the pictures of him feeding the homeless, he also actually apologised for getting relegated via his instagram.

• Like 2

Ayew actually played well. He linked the play and provided a spark. He worked hard and tried to take the game to the opposition, despite the mediocrity around him.

Gestede was terrible. Just awful. Couldn't hold it up, couldn't run, couldn't pass. He wasn't even aggressive (which was meant to be one of his main attributes). He barely even jumped off the ground to win headers. 

He's shown he can score goals in the Championship if he gets the service at least, but Ayew has shown that he can create chances and score goals without them being handed to him on a plate.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mwj said:

I saw QPR at their ground twice last season and Matt Phillips was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch both times.

Tiny sample size, but if he usually performs like that then he'd be a good signing.

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just a thought on Gustede. He scored 5 in 24 for us last season and was widely criticised while Ayew got 7 in 28 and is widely praised, I think that is worth taking a little bit more notice of. Yes Ayew is the better player and scores 'better' goals (they all count the same) but Gustede might just be the better goal scorer.

A further point on Gustede, he scored 33 in 66 for Blackburn in 3 seasons over the same period Dwight Gayle scored 15 in 63. Gustede has scored 40 goals in the Championship and Gayle has scored 13. Newcastle just paid £10m for Gayle, does that make sense to anyone?

A lot of people seem miffed at Newcastle getting Gayle, I just can't for the life of me understand why.

Why are you calling him Gustede?