Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

even if Richards and Lescott turn over a new leaf, I still wont forgive them for last season and still prefer they dont come back

Me too. But money will talk - if it costs millions to get rid of them they'll inevitably be here next season.

No excuse what to so ever to not even try when you are being paid £40-60k/w and is supposed to be a professional.

Gabby, Lescott, (Bacuna,) Richards all have to go, no if's or but's

Edit: could probably add Sinclair & Guzan to that list.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

No excuse what to so ever to not even try when you are being paid £40-60k/w and is supposed to be a professional.

This is the thing, clearly at some point these players were highly rated, wtf happened to them?!

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

Also they all think they're much better than they actually are. Richards actually seemed to think he was actually putting in full effort. 

The like of Sherwood also pandered to him by playing him at CB at his own request, despite the fact that he was utterly incompetent at it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

This is the thing, clearly at some point these players were highly rated, wtf happened to them?!

They arrived at a club where there was little competition for their places that allowed them to show their true colours.

BUT - ultimately the solution is to be found in the culture at the club. We must rid ourselves of the tag that the club is a place you can get big deals and coast along. If that's your bait, don't be surprised at the fish you catch.

I can't be 100% sure right now, but I think the new team of RDM and SC strike me as people who actually have a plan as to what they want and the kind of characters who can come in and deliver it.

Moneyball might show you statistics, but vital qualities like character, determination and professionalism are not understood by a computer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Edit: could probably add Sinclair & Guzan to that list.

What's worse is Gabby, Lescott and Richards are supposedly Villa fans

• Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

why gutted though?

Because it would be a waste and we could spend the money much better. 

I guess I could have the opinion "well it's not my money so why should I care"... I used to do this when Randy Lerner started spending and look where that got us. I think signing a player for £10m who's never made any impression on the Premier League is way too much. I don't even think Bamford is a very good player, so signing him at all would disappoint me. 

• Like 1

From what I've read it seems to be a loan anyway. I also think the value of £10m is just lazy journalism which is being recycled from after he won player of the season in the Championship.

It's an inflated market at the moment. Lukaku £65M, Stones £40M, Dann £20M, are all fees I've seen mentioned in the media for players recently. Something we'd do well to remember when it comes to selling some of our own players. If Bamford's worth £10M then surely Ayew has to be worth close to £20M.

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Because it would be a waste and we could spend the money much better. 

I guess I could have the opinion "well it's not my money so why should I care"... I used to do this when Randy Lerner started spending and look where that got us. I think signing a player for £10m who's never made any impression on the Premier League is way too much. I don't even think Bamford is a very good player, so signing him at all would disappoint me. 

Whilst I don't think Bamford is worth £10mil I have to disagree with this point in bold. Gray, McCormack and Rhodes have never made an impression in the Premier League either and they've all scored bags of goals in the Championship. I'm not fussed about the BPL yet, let's just focus on getting out of the Championship for now.