Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

Got a really up beat feeling about this game, not sure why after the defensive shambles against Watford......  11-0, sorry girls and guys more pain for us, gonna try and avoid the result until Monday/ Tuesday  

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I want the line-up to be, but if I was to predict what Garde will do, I think we'll see:

Guzan

Hutton Okore/Richards Lescott Richardson

Sanchez

Veretout           Gana

Ayew                                   Sinclair

Agbonlahor

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ilori and Crespo have both been useless signings.

I disagree, Ilori hasn't played so he can't be judged and i think that although Crespo hasn't played much, he has looked decent in his limited appearances

Guzan

Bacuna Okore Richards Lescott 

Sanchez     Gueye 

Gil

Ayew                             Agbonlahor

Gestede

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, Ilori hasn't played so he can't be judged and i think that although Crespo hasn't played much, he has looked decent in his limited appearances

I meant of no use to us, in that Ilori has not played and Crespo has had little playing time, not that the players were useless, ability wise; as you rightly say, impossible to judge that at this stage. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Back four of:

Hutton - Okore - Lescott - Richardson

Genuinely, has there ever been a worse Premier League back four? I'm being serious, can anyone name one? I guess Derby must have had a few that year. Any others?

Swindon 93/94. Take your pick of any game. I lived there at the time so went to a few games. Jumpers for goal posts.

I got embarrassed for the Robins while watching Andy Cole and Beardsley tear them a new one on their own patch. I think they hit seven or eight past them. 

When we played them at VP they had a third choice keeper in nets. We won 5-0,and it was the only time I ever felt bad for an visiting team. 

What I wouldn't give for that feeling again.