Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

9 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

6-1 loss for Southampton means they'll be fired up against us this weekend, fantastic.

There are always two ways of looking at it. For me their confidence will have taken a knock and the pressure is on them to beat us, the bottom side in the division.

Bring them on I say, we'll be fresher and this isn't a bad time to play them by any means. Second South coast victory for me!!

If we win this, then it will be 4 points from Remi's first 4 games - thats still not really good enough is it?!

I think he has to start both Traore and Ayew. So its then either Gil on the left with Ayew up front, or Gestede up front and Ayew on the left.

Interested to see what changes he makes, as there is no way he can go with the same team again...

I'm with those who think that result is bad news for us. They've lost three on the bounce in all competitions, need to get the season back on track, luckily the league's most obliging pushovers are next on the schedule.

4-0 Soton.

• Like 2

It's not about them. It's about how villa react. 5 points is not good enough. No pressure away from home. Think we will sneak this one 1-0. Okore will play as Clark is suspended. Richards in doubt.  Crespo is out. Illori unfit. Gabby returns. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Okore and Richards if he's fit. If not then we will likely lose. I hope he changes both fullbacks. 

13 minutes ago, KSV said:

It's not about them. It's about how villa react. 5 points is not good enough. No pressure away from home. Think we will sneak this one 1-0. Okore will play as Clark is suspended. Richards in doubt.  Crespo is out. Illori unfit. Gabby returns. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Okore and Richards if he's fit. If not then we will likely lose. I hope he changes both fullbacks. 

Clark isn't suspended, he has 4 yellows in the PL. Hopefully Richards passes a late fitness test as he's needed whether it be at CB or RB. Llori hasn't been fit for 4 months now it's getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, GeordieVillan said:

If we win this, then it will be 4 points from Remi's first 4 games - thats still not really good enough is it?!

It would be plenty good enough when 3 of those games have been Man City, Everton and Southampton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think he has to start both Traore and Ayew. So its then either Gil on the left with Ayew up front, or Gestede up front and Ayew on the left.

Interested to see what changes he makes, as there is no way he can go with the same team again...

Good enough for me. Don't think it will happen though.

No, nor do I. I think we might get a point but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we got a victory. 

As I've said elsewhere, i'm happy to give Garde a grace period to the Newcastle game, given the fixtures we've had. From there though there's no hiding.

Guzan

Hutton      Richards        Clark/Okore    Richardson

Sanchez

Veretout                Gana

Gil

Adama     Ayew

Sticking with the back 4 to try and get some consistency, cut out mistakes and because there's no other choice.

Put Sanchez on Mane, Gana to protect Richardson.  Veretout and Gil to feed Adama and Ayew (and hope for a soft penalty).

Guzan

Bacuna             Okore             Richards           Lescott              Richardson

Sanchez                      Gana

Gill

Gestede               Ayew

Think we need to try something new at the back? Couldn't decide between Adama or Gestede, but went for the big man as away from home and may need to hold the ball up top better? Think we could be more solid with that kind of line up, then have Adama and Agbonlahor coming off the bench in the second half to scare them with pace? 

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Guzan

Bacuna             Okore             Richards           Lescott              Richardson

Sanchez                      Gana

Gill

Gestede               Ayew

Think we need to try something new at the back? Couldn't decide between Adama or Gestede, but went for the big man as away from home and may need to hold the ball up top better? Think we could be more solid with that kind of line up, then have Adama and Agbonlahor coming off the bench in the second half to scare them with pace? 

I like the look of that team but i think its too attacking for saints away.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like the look of that team but i think its too attacking for saints away.

Think it could work as five at the back including Sanchez without the ball, can quickly change to three at the back when we have it. In addition, wing backs could suit our front two, especially Gestede? Who knows but think we need to try something different at the back, without Hutton and Clark! For me, think it could be a draw!!