limpid

Not bad. Nice to see us having more of the ball. Need to be a bit more incisive, maybe Gestede for Sinclair at some point to give us an option.

Still look vulnerable at the back at times but seeing as we are playing City I think we've done well so far.

Happy with that. No threat upfront but we are organised and neat and tidy in possession. I would like to see Gil behind the striker where he can take more risks, i don't like it when he is the deepest man on the ball, it's asking for trouble. Take off Sinclair for Grealish and push Gil in behind Ayew imo.

Edited by Razor
  • Like 1

Are we actually playing football here? It's been so long since I saw us play with an actual plan.

Still very short in the final third but if this is the difference Remi has made in a few days with the squad, I think there's reason for optimism.

A good 45. Repeat that and it's a respectable result, but more importantly we've been working hard and playing fairly well. Stamina is going to come in to play this half and that's probably not something we can expect to have improved on within a week. 

Anybody who thinks Richardson is a better LB than Amavi should never work in football again.

My word.

I don't think anyone at the club actually thought that. In my opinion, the team selections from Sherwood and K-Mac were just a two fingers up to the board. How pathetic. 

Amavi looks every bit a world class left back in the making and the stats back it up. 

Really pleased even if/when we lose today. We're having a go and we've got our better players on the pitch. 

City will break us down, they have class all over the pitch. 

• Like 2

You'd have to be insane not to be happy with that. We're playing Manchester City and we are not being completely punished and we are matching them. We may not be creating anything but I didn't even expect us to have the ball let alone creating chances.

• Like 1

I think we are maybe holding back a little in the final third as we dont want to overcommit and get done on the break.

But man city are also very organised and solid at the back, so its not that easy to break them down. 

Decent first half which unfortunately is a massive improvement.  

It's early days yet,  hopefully we step it up a bit and manage to get something out of the game.  

At this stage I'd be massively surprised if we do but hopefully the scoreline is a reflection of us improving rather than citeh just coaxing themselves through a champions league hangover.  

A clean sheet would be a wonderous thing 

There's a couple of instances where Ayew/Sinclair wanted the ball played through the gaps between their CB/FB's but they weren't spotted. Put those balls through and we're in behind their defence and causing them trouble.

They are just as organised as us but with a better quality player, these little missed moments are what will cost us scoring goals.

Heads up midfield please, otherwise, we look ok, organised, which is the least we should expect.

Also, we can praise Garde and his tactics all you like but all it ever needed was someone, anyone to just pick the right bloody starting XI.

Our best XI shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league. I fear the damage may already have been done though.

• Like 1

Fan hat on: the team looks more solid which is nice. We look a bit inept in the final third but that has been the case all season.

Neutral hat on: this is a dreadful game of football. Can someone please just have a shot?

I think we've very intentionally stifled the game. a point out of this would be absolutely brilliant all things considered, it will be interesting to see what Garde does at 70mins if it stays the same though.