limpid

You watch a games where another team is playing someone like Man City and they give them a game. More often than not you know that Villa will, at best, be under siege for the majority of the game when it comes to our turn.

Today is the first time in a long time where we've delivered on effort, composure, possession and craft. It would be fantastic if we could look a bit more creative in the final third, but I'm not forgetting that we're playing the team at the top of the league.

Whether we win, lose or draw I'm really pleased with the game so far.

• Like 2

ok so I just got in. how are we playing under Garde so far? Promising? Same ol'? Wobble?

far more organised, closing down quickly but weve not looked good going forward., but then neither have city

City is not getting through that midfield diamond. Really good half, though not creating chances or getting runs in behind. 

Great half by our midfield, both in possession and in defence. 

Gil, Amavi and Sanchez has been our best players IMO

Clark, Sinclair and Hutton to an extent our weak links. Also Guzan worries me.

Good Half against the best team in the country

A decent selection and a clear plan and we look so much better. Anyone still think that this squad are not good enough for a mid-table finish?

Let's hope we can hold on or even pinch a goal but I expect us to concede as we tire

Very early days but already a little light at the end of the tunnel

• Like 4

I think Gestede needs to come on to give us a bit of presence

playing up top on your own is not easy but I get the feeling Ayew doesn't really know the runs to make

get Sinclair off and stick Ayew wide

firmly believe we will lose but a very good half