The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Tbf whenever I've watched Sunderland this season Defoe has looked very dangerous. Merge is talking complete shite though, the only players id'd take from that team would be Defoe, M'Villa and possibly Lens the rest are tripe.

let me guess, all the panel saying we should have gone for 'a proper british manager who knows about the premier league', and we need more 'proper british players who know about a relegation scrap'.

They actually didn't. Tiss did briefly say that in the position we find ourself in it might be an advantage but he quickly went on to say that if we've got a good manager then we've got a good manager and it doesn't matter where he came from. They also cited the examples of managers coming in and doing well with no Premier League experience. They were fair enough about it tbh.

• Like 1

Tbf whenever I've watched Sunderland this season Defoe has looked very dangerous. Merge is talking complete shite though, the only players id'd take from that team would be Defoe, M'Villa and possibly Lens the rest are tripe.

From their squad I'd probably take Pantilimon,Kaboul,M'Vila,Toivonen and Defoe

Kaboul? For realsies?

• Like 2

Kaboul? For realsies?

Kaboul>Clark

Kaboul>Lescott

so yes he is better than 2 of our current 4 . not sure about okore either, will have to wait and see if the injuries have finished him or not. I suspect they have

This is the best thing I've heard yet. Paul Merson thinks we should have gone a different way.

“I would go and get Nigel Pearson tomorrow morning,” Merson said. “I think Tim [Sherwood] was unlucky, but now he’s not there I would go and get Nigel Pearson.

“He’s proven, the job he’s done at Leicester City was phenomenal.

“You bring in Remi Garde, a foreign manager who has never worked in the Premier League, and he might take six months to get used to it. By then, it could be all over.”

Why the **** didn't we hire Nigel Pearson?! You couldn't make it up.

I'm sorry but 98% of ex footballers (Gary Neville and some others are in those 2%) are complete and utter idiots.

We think this opinion is ridiculous today, because of course we're being optimistic this week. But for all any of us knows he could be absolutely right. 

is he Bollox he's As right as all the people on here who have been adamant for he last five seasons convinced we are down and out after 10 odd games. Give me a foreign manager with new ideas and who knows more than the 'English' hustle X do bustle crap I've seen for the last God knows how many years. 

• Like 1

This is the best thing I've heard yet. Paul Merson thinks we should have gone a different way.

“I would go and get Nigel Pearson tomorrow morning,” Merson said. “I think Tim [Sherwood] was unlucky, but now he’s not there I would go and get Nigel Pearson.

“You bring in Remi Garde, a foreign manager who has never worked in the Premier League, and he might take six months to get used to it. By then, it could be all over.”

I'm sorry but 98% of ex footballers (Gary Neville and some others are in those 2%) are complete and utter idiots.

We think this opinion is ridiculous today, because of course we're being optimistic this week. But for all any of us knows he could be absolutely right. 

is he Bollox

See how it looks at the end of the season

is he Bollox

exactly but seems some on here also can't do that either how many are on here day in day out after 10 games saying we are down and out with no hope. Let's all hang fire and see what happens? Good job Remi and the players don't think like us fans. Hey might as well give up seeing as some have already on this great forum. 

Edited by nazvfc

is he Bollox

exactly but seems some on here also can't do that either how many are on here day in day out after 10 games saying we are down and out with no hope. Let's all hang fire and see what happens? Good job Remi and the players don't think like us fans. Hey might as well give up seeing as some have already on this great forum. 

Personally I'm not holding out much hope, if we don't beat city we are 6 points adrift with Everton away next week which is very difficult indeed. Our start to the season was fairly easy and we may have shot ourselves in the foot by returning only 4 points. Remi without doubt has the hardest job in Europe right now

is he Bollox he's As right as all the people on here who have been adamant for he last five seasons convinced we are down and out after 10 odd games. Give me a foreign manager with new ideas and who knows more than the 'English' hustle X do bustle crap I've seen for the last God knows how many years. 

It might work. It might not. You certainly don't know that it's going to work, so I don't really see how you're in a position to say 'is he bollox'. 

• Like 1

let me guess, all the panel saying we should have gone for 'a proper british manager who knows about the premier league', and we need more 'proper british players who know about a relegation scrap'.

Yea like fat Sam who lost again today.

If fatsam goes down with sunderland it doesnt mean:

a) it was a bad appointment for sunderland
Bb) would have been a bad appointment for us
c) that hes a bad manager
d) garde is better than him

i feel theres going to be a hell of a lot of them type of posts in the future

• Like 2

The squad of players have been playing this season with no real direction or strategy.

I believe Remi Garde has the football brain required to mold this squad into an organised team who will have a direction and strategy.

If he does that then he has the tactical nous to get the points we need to survive.

The players we have are technically good enough IMO to play in his system.

Call me deluded but he is what we need now

You're deluded.

I agree BB ;)

Garde is better than him.

I hope.

Personally I'm not holding out much hope, if we don't beat city we are 6 points adrift with Everton away next week which is very difficult indeed. Our start to the season was fairly easy and we may have shot ourselves in the foot by returning only 4 points. Remi without doubt has the hardest job in Europe right now

I really don't think it's that bad. Watching Sunderland and Newcastle, I think they are far worse than us at the moment. Bournemouth have to start scoring if they want to have any chance of staying up, though they are playing good football. Watford have had a solid defence but haven't offered much going forward - will their defence keep them up?

We will lose to City tomorrow I reckon. However, from what I've read and heard today, Everton weren't that great. Writing off the City game gives Remi 3 weeks to work with the team from when he came in before the Everton game. I don't think a point against Everton is an unrealistic expectation. Even worst case scenario, we'd be 9 points off safety after the Everton game with 25 still to play. I'm still optimistic we could make that back by the end of the season.

It might work. It might not. You certainly don't know that it's going to work, so I don't really see how you're in a position to say 'is he bollox'. 

Will that prove that Nigel Pearson was the better option? 

Â