The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Im just fighting the hypocrisy of these pages, didnt say Sherwood was a great manager at all but the abuse he gets compared to the current manager is a joke when he does the same "media tricks"

I'd argue he doesn't. 

Tell you what - lets play a game. 

Reply to this post with 2 quotes - 1 from Sherwood, 1 from Garde. I'll tell you who was who. 

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Which manager would that have been?

Well Big Sam has won 3 more games than Remi has so far although their squad is as poor as others so little hope there imo.

Pulis won a few early on at Palace and West Brom I'd imagine.

Yes I know those are not many people's cup of tea as coaches but they'd would've both given it a good go in keeping us up and providing a short term fix. I think we're seeing the problems at the club which render any manager who wants to build a club up long term as it is just not set up to with needing to be sold.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well Big Sam has won 3 more games than Remi has so far although their squad is as poor as others so little hope there imo.

Pulis won a few early on at Palace and West Brom I'd imagine.

Yes I know those are not many people's cup of tea as coaches but they'd would've both given it a good go in keeping us up and providing a short term fix. I think we're seeing the problems at the club which render any manager who wants to build a club up long term as it is just not set up to with needing to be sold.

Personally, I like Big Sam and Tony Pulis, they're limited to some extent but I'd take that at the moment but neither of them were available when we appointed Garde were they?

He is a shit manager who I feel has let me down. He has done what Lambert did in the end and that is make me not care about Aston Villa

which is unforgivable

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

Yep Zat you're incorrectly accusing Garde of doing what Sherwood did.  He isn't doing that.  You do seem to have something against Garde, and I've noticed you going out of your way to criticise him on a few occasions.  Whether it's the 'opposing view' thing Stevo mentioned or whether he stole your bike when you were young :P

The funny thing being that Zat wanted Garde here, when nobody else did or had heard of him.

But as soon as he gets here and the majority view was positive towards Garde, Zat is against him.

:detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Whilst giving the likes of Ciaran Clark yet another contract. That ought to do it.

he is going to be worth billions when he marks Zlatan out of the Euros in France ;)

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The funny thing being that Zat wanted Garde here, when nobody else did or had heard of him.

But as soon as he gets here and the majority view was positive towards Garde, Zat is against him.

:detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: 

not true I said when Garde lost me and I said it at the time. I said if he started Sinclair again before Newcastle game he was finished for me. He has played him 4 times since

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is a shit manager who I feel has let me down. He has done what Lambert did in the end and that is make me not care about Aston Villa

which is unforgivable

Gardes biggest problem is that the last few managers/seasons have left a group of our players (like you claim to be but obviously aren't) just not caring about Aston Villa.

They need to be replaced because motivating them is beyond anyone at this point.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've no problem with someone being against a manager per se, and yes we can hardly say the results have been anything other than rubbish.  But the other stuff.  I think Garde has been good, and I personally think there are extenuating circumstances at the club which buy him more time than someone would normally get.  It should be obvious by now that the manager is not the problem here.  So for me, firing the manager (as opposed to Sherwood who was not a manager) does not progress us at all.

It's this isn't it.

Using the Sunderland game as an example, we weren't great at all but controlled the game in large periods (without creating much) and essentially lost due to a freak deflection coupled with the most pathetic defending I've seen in a long time.  I'm not even sure what the manager can do about that.  "Leandro, don't throw the ball to the opposition"  "Joleon and Micah, hold your shape and keep the game compact" - just obvious things that don't need spelling out.

Our ability to make errors at the back coupled with our inability to create... well, anything, is shocking.  It's not the manager that needs changing, it's most of the team.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im just fighting the hypocrisy of these pages, didnt say Sherwood was a great manager at all but the abuse he gets compared to the current manager is a joke when he does the same "media tricks"

Thank you so much for fighting to protect us from the hypocritical opinions of others.  You are clearly on a noble crusade for our betterment and we need your protection.

• Like 1

Exactly bobzy, hence my 'baby and bathwater' comments in the past.  I think we can accept that this is a poor squad now.  Up until recently we had hoped it was poor because of Sherwood, but now that an actual football manager is still struggling with them we now need to realise that the club just bought badly, plain and simple. <- That's the other thing that's being thrown unfairly at those not yet totally against Garde.  That we've somehow conveniently decided in order to protect Garde (and therefore our viewpoint) that it's now the players who are bad, whereas before it was Sherwood.  Now if someone genuinely can't work out WHY that conclusion becomes more and more realistic as you go from manager to manager then I can't (or won't) help that person to join the dots.

• Like 1

We're also in for a shock at the end of thee season as I know for a fact that a lot of the players signed in the Summer have release clauses in their contract if we get relegated. These are release clauses without financial triggers. I know Veretout, Armavi and Ayew have these and probably more. I also know that they were never looking at the likes of Charlie Austen but had three 'lower league' strikers that they were looking at (prior to Christmas, God knows what they are thinking now!)

Not stirring or anything like that but are you ITK London Villa?

Â