The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, London Villa said:

We're also in for a shock at the end of thee season as I know for a fact that a lot of the players signed in the Summer have release clauses in their contract if we get relegated. These are release clauses without financial triggers. I know Veretout, Armavi and Ayew have these and probably more.

And your evidence of this is........ what? 

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The funny thing being that Zat wanted Garde here, when nobody else did or had heard of him.

But as soon as he gets here and the majority view was positive towards Garde, Zat is against him.

:detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: :detect: 

He likes Sherwood though, even if the majority don't.

• Like 1

I was in Birmingham at Xmas and speaking to someone I know very well who works at the club with the first team. They weren't moaning or being emotional, just telling me and I believe it's common knowledge as they are very loyal to the club and getting any info from them that isn't for the public is nigh on impossible (and believe me I've tried!)

1 hour ago, London Villa said:

We're also in for a shock at the end of thee season as I know for a fact that a lot of the players signed in the Summer have release clauses in their contract if we get relegated. These are release clauses without financial triggers. I know Veretout, Armavi and Ayew have these and probably more.

Oh really? I see, so someone says "I'll give you 50p for Amavi and Ayew" and we will be forced to sell. Makes sense

Edited by VillaCas

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Oh really? I see, so someone says "I'll give you 50p for Amavi and Ayew" and we will be forced to sell. Makes sense

With the way we are being run, id well believe that is the case lol

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not true I said when Garde lost me and I said it at the time. I said if he started Sinclair again before Newcastle game he was finished for me. He has played him 4 times since

Yeah you said you thought Sherwood deserved more time, but then wanted Garde sacked after a few games because he started Scott Sinclair.

What was it you were saying about hypocrisy?

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Garde is just as shit as Sherwood was, if not worse imo. Not getting a win from Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich or West Ham is beyond shockin. Persionally, i think Sherwood would of won at least 1 of them.

Yeah, if only Sherwood were still here!!

2 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Garde is just as shit as Sherwood was, if not worse imo. Not getting a win from Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich or West Ham is beyond shockin. Persionally, i think Sherwood would of won at least 1 of them.

Sherwood is the main reason why we are were we are now.  Judge Garde when he has a chance to spend 50million on his own players

• Like 1

Yeah, if only Sherwood were still here!!

That sarcasm fail.

13 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Indeed. There would have to be some financial compensation in the release clause, probably around the same amount we bought them for.

Edited by villa89

Sherwood is the main reason why we are were we are now.  Judge Garde when he has a chance to spend 50million on his own players

Garde is in charge of the team, surely a manager can motivate even the shittest bunch of players to beat Wycombe ffs.

Just now, YGabbana said:

Garde is in charge of the team, surely a manager can motivate even the shittest bunch of players to beat Wycombe ffs.

Not if they don't want to be motivated. You're forgetting Dim Tim had Benteke, Delph, Cleverley and even Vlaar at times. And he still managed to pick up some awful results

That word removed also must've spent all summer doing anything but preparing this current lot for a season of football.

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Not the managers fault that - and I said it at the time of our other lower league losses as well, this isn't a pro-Garde thing.

Unless he sets up 10-0-0 or something stupid, Premier League (or even Championship) players should be able to see off League Two opposition.

4 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

It's hardly a massive vote of confidence to state that the man who signed all these players (despite his revisionist protestations), who had an entire pre-season with them and who had the first half of the season to try and figure out how to get them playing together might have done better in the above matches than the man tasked with coming in late in the day and fixing Tim's clusterf*ck.

The point is that I and others believe our current manager has a much higher ceiling than Sherwood and will ultimately be a far better manager to have around the place than that cockney gobshite.  But just to counter your hypothetical with another hypothetical, there's also the possibility that Tim would have done worse, especially on the basis that he was losing, or had lost, the confidence of a lot of the squad at the point where he was dismissed.

• Like 1

Not if they don't want to be motivated. You're forgetting Dim Tim had Benteke, Delph, Cleverley and even Vlaar at times. And he still managed to pick up some awful results

That word removed also must've spent all summer doing anything but preparing this current lot for a season of football.

That dimwit took over a team in shocking form, motivated them to win the games needed to stay up and got us to an fa cup final in the process.

Garde has took over a team in shocking form and managed to make us even more shite and embarassing with results like the wycombe one.

• Like 2

Â