The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

You can still get odds on Garde to go at Skybet (7/2), and I don't think Paddypower at the moment offer odds on any manager going.

Twitter being a paragon of utter, utter horseshit again.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Skybet and paddypower have suspended betting on remi garde being the next manager to get sacked #avfc

Nope, 7/2 @ Sky bet and PP Don't have a market up for any manager! 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Garde's doing a dreadful job but I really have no desire to see yet another shite appointment getting sacked unless David Moyes is the replacement. 

If that's not the case then we may as well just keep Garde and see how he does from now until the end of the season, if it's still very, very poor with no improvement then he should go, if things do pick up then back him in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Nope, 7/2 @ Sky bet and PP Don't have a market up for any manager! 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

fair enough, just seen a few post it on twitter about betting suspended. I am going to edit my post! apologies.

Edited by Villan4Life

[@Xela - lost his post somehow]

Completely hypothetical but if we disregard the individual errors that have cost is goals and points, and add Defoe I reckon we could have a similar record or better than Alladyce.

But to correct you, the performance against Sunderland wasn't spineless, we looked the better side for long periods, and they may have a weaker squad but there are fundamental differences - we have a very poor defence and keeper, and nothing up front of note, that alone is a lot of our problem - it's not about generalised views it's fundamental and specific shortfalls in our squad.

lts also not about whether the results are comparable between Sherwood and Garde - you can't spunk with a limp cock, the team is impotent, it wouldn't matter who came in for Sherwood but if anything it's not about Sherwood now.

Edited by thunderball

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Completely hypothetical but if we disregard the individual errors that have cost is goals and points, and add Defoe I reckon we could have a similar record or better than Alladyce.

Hypothetically, if we were good we wouldn't be so shit. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But to correct you, the performance against Sunderland wasn't spineless, we looked the better side for long periods, and they may have a weaker squad but there are fundamental differences - we have a very poor defence and keeper, and nothing up front of note, that alone is a lot of our problem - it's not about generalised views it's fundamental and specific shortfalls in our squad.

lts also not about whether the results are comparable between Sherwood and Garde - you can't spunk with a limp cock, the team is impotent, it wouldn't matter who came in for Sherwood but if anything it's not about Sherwood now.

Individual errors are often caused by pressure though, from not having the ball, or not doing anything constructive with it.

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Obviously it's just Twitter BS but you just know that if Garde actually was sacked we'd end up with Nigel **** Pearson, who would of course most probably be sacked himself within a year.

I'd take Pearson in the summer.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'd take Pearson in the summer.

Problem with that is Steve Walsh (Assistant Manager and Scout) for Leicester was the brains behind everything. Pearson wouldn't be half as good without Walsh next to him including player recruitment as we have Reilly doing that for us.

Â