The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

You do wonder what the tipping point is for Garde though....he couldn't survive barely winning a game for the rest of the season surely? No manager survives going 20 odd games without a win unless I've missed something, Remi must be over 10 by now.

Only thing you can conclude is the board would lose confidence in his ability to getting the team promotion next year which I've never been convinced about, it's unlikely you walk the championship when you go into it losing week after week after week.....Derby didn't in 2008 for example and atm we're on their level as sad as it is.

Better to do the groundwork now as others have stated.

• Like 1

I'm at the point when I couldn't care less who was in charge. We are relegated regardless. I haven't seen any signs of Garde being the man to take us forward over the long term but then I accept it is difficult to show that over such a short period with a team that isn't his.

I just want a manager who I'd be fairly confident would mount a promotion push next season, it's now beyond whether a manager would be capable at premier league level as we won't be here for much longer.

Are we all still confident on here Remi will be winning us 20 + games next season as that's what I will be demanding. Even to stay up in the championship you need 50 odd points usually so you need to win that number just to be well clear of relegation.

I have to say I didn't want Nigel Pearson when Sherwood was sacked as something is bugging me that away from the environment at Leicester he'd get found out. But that was in relation to keeping us up.

Being in the championship, the dynamics change. He's regularly finished in the top 6 in that league (3 top 6 finishes in last 6 seasons). It wouldn't shock me now if he's our manager at some point in the next year.

We've got enough time now to make a good assessment of Garde's talents.

We're not staying up. We could appoint Mourinho, Ferguson, Guardiola, Ancelotti, anybody and we wouldn't stay up now.

No point in sacking Garde. Let's give him the season and we'll be in a good position by the end of it to decide if he's capable of getting us up next season.

Personally, I don't think he's performing particularly well right now, but I think he has the ability to work in the long term.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the last time I saw a club in a similar poisonous mess was Newcastle 08/09

Let's hope our fate is similar to theirs all things considered. Yes they are in the shit too but on 17 points, not 8 and they went down and came back stronger than ever until the last couple seasons. I'd take vying for Premier League safety again in a season or two like they are as it would at least mean we made it back and didn't do a Leeds..

For me he was always a risk. I have not seen anything to convince me nothing has changed . He is a football coach allegedly but again nothing on the pitch has changed. It has got a whole lot worse. 

I don't want to keep appointing managers when the club is so rotten but this poor momentum can't go on into the championship.we need an experienced manager with championship experience  in order to have any chance of a return

stick or twist but I feel if we don't make the change and continue with the French experiment we will be in the second tier for a long long time.

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

For me he was always a risk. I have not seen anything to convince me nothing has changed . He is a football coach allegedly but again nothing on the pitch has changed. It has got a whole lot worse. 

It really hasn't.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This season is already over, I think this is why I don't actually care about Garde's win ratio, in my mind his job starts proper in the summer window. 

I hope he doesn't see it like that, he needs to be striving for improvement and results now to take into the championship.

Not capitulate for the rest of the entire season and hope "it'll be alright on the night" in the championship.

It has got worse from previous regime though, lack of anything up top, weaker defence and still consistently playing the same crap players every week. Rather throw on Under 16 players than Guzan, Sinclair, Gestede or Westwood

Â