The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Ive never seen and new manager come into a club to take over from a bad one , be worse and people let him off because it was shite before he joined so it seems to be acceptable that it's  still shite! Presumably he was brought in to be better than sherwood and get more out of the team. A ew manager is never going to have 100% his own players but he is expected to have managerial ability to get the best out of the players he has. There're is no improvement , we are further behind. If it is acceptable that it's as shit as Sherwood we may have just stuck with Sherwood 

see if Sherwood was shite (and he was) because the performances were bad and the performances are just as bad now then equally you have to judge Garde as shite . Or else if you are happy with Garde now you should have been happy with Sherwood then !

Not to be that guy, but isn't this situation pretty much how it was when Lambert took over from McLeish?

I'm on the fence with Garde. He is clearly frustrated with the players and needs a window, but is it him going to be signing the players?

On the other hand some of his selections are questionable and we don't seem to have any real plan, something Sherwood was heavily criticised for.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He hasn't improved results-wise but I think medium to long term he'll be better.

What makes you think that? Is it just hope or is it something he has shown whilst here?

I'd love to think he'll make us better, but I struggle to find any kind of reason as to why he will. Show me the light!!

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But you're counting cup games. Without them it's just 9% and that win was on the first game of the season.

And of course, the fact that the diabolical run under Sherwood preceded Garde's arrival undoubtedly made it even more difficult for him.

9% is still better than 0% last time i checked ;)

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

What makes you think that? Is it just hope or is it something he has shown whilst here?

I'd love to think he'll make us better, but I struggle to find any kind of reason as to why he will. Show me the light!!

Sherwood just isn't a football manager. I think Garde knows what he's doing but he's not a miracle worker obviously.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

9% is still better than 0% last time i checked ;)

No shit but the fact that his only win came at the very beginning of the season and then we went on to lose every other league game bar one doesn't suggest that he'd be doing a better job than Garde right now.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Based on what? We're getting worse week on week.

Based on his record at Lyon. I think a lot of the problem right now and in fact for the whole season is that we're just in one big spiral downwards confidence-wise.

Ive never seen and new manager come into a club to take over from a bad one , be worse and people let him off because it was shite before he joined so it seems to be acceptable that it's  still shite! Presumably he was brought in to be better than sherwood and get more out of the team. A ew manager is never going to have 100% his own players but he is expected to have managerial ability to get the best out of the players he has. There're is no improvement , we are further behind. If it is acceptable that it's as shit as Sherwood we may have just stuck with Sherwood 

see if Sherwood was shite (and he was) because the performances were bad and the performances are just as bad now then equally you have to judge Garde as shite . Or else if you are happy with Garde now you should have been happy with Sherwood then !

I am happier with Garde because he's actually a football manager with experience at one of the world's biggest clubs.

Sherwood is a charlatan and a cockney prick who blagged a gullible American for 9 months.

• Like 3

It may not be the best place to post this here but does anyone honestly know if people from the club read the topics on this site? Just curious. If I was a player, I for one would be intrigued to see what fans were saying about me. Moreover, someone from the club should print some of these comments and show them to the squad maybe then it would hit home?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Based on what? We're getting worse week on week.

ive seen nothing to indicate progress. Defence has got worse, our attacking threat is still poor and one dimensional seeing as we still need our right back as a creator. Organisation is a shambles and we havent even looked competitive in some of the winnable games we played

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AVFCAM said:

I think Remi will leave within weeks if we still haven't won...I think the abuse will eventually drive him out...it won't chase our fate this season but I think it will be better for us next season.

In years to come however, should we make it back to being a comfortable Premier League team, we'll be wishing that we'd got Remi Garde as our manager again. I think he'd be successful with players of a higher ability. Too many players, like Gestede just aren't good enough for this league. Give him last seasons team, or a team from any of the last few years, with just a few better players and we'd be fine. 

To to be fair, if we had Austin, Rhodes or even Wiemann I think he'd be better as his tactics would be OK as we score more goals.

Garde is the sort of manager clubs hire when they're stable and looking to push on. The kind of moves Leicester, Southampton and stoke have made in recent years. I'm beginning to think he's not the sort of manager we hire to fix this current mess. 

If we see no real improvement then I fail to see why he should be trusted to bring us back up. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I don't want Mantis to seem like a lone voice of on this, but I believe Garde has restored order and we are slightly better for his arrival: not results (take away Bournemouth on day 1 and there nothing in it), but we are usually more solid, he makes selection decisions that make sense, I feel his selection is based on performance and strategy rather than 'Passion'. But above all else, another manger change is not going to assist now, the better players are French speaking and he is best placed to expoit them, I think his temperament is better for the long term good (as a pose to Pearson etc), most decent solid managers wouldn't touch us now. 

But most of all, he has inherited a terrible squad that is not his. The only good players we had we sold, what's left is rubbish, we have a few with potential, but it all needs time and strategy, and changing direction again will only stall things.

i do believe signing Alladyce (or his like) would have been completely the wrong move, that would never have moved us forward, it would only have been treading water, and incidentally I don't think he would have kept us up either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I love how Garde threw the players under the bus today like Sherwood did (similar enough comments as well) and not a mention of it on here

Fair point although maybe it's because back then people were convinced that the players were good enough and that Sherwood wasn't getting the best out of them. Whereas now it is obvious that the players are just complete shite

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

Fair point although maybe it's because back then people were convinced that the players were good enough and that Sherwood wasn't getting the best out of them. Whereas now it is obvious that the players are just complete shite

So Sherwood wasn't as bad?

• Like 1

Thanks, Thunderball - as I've been saying - I'd love to share the optimism - it's better than being unhappy with whoever is in charge, but I can't help but disagree with the reasoning

but we are usually more solid,

Personally I'd disagree as we haven't looked like winning a game in the last ten in a 'light' looking fixture list. But, such like the Southampton and City games, I can see where you are coming from. It's just not enough to be 'usually' for me.

he makes selection decisions that make sense

THAT Norwich team selection will always stick in my mind,

I feel his selection is based on performance and strategy rather than 'Passion'.

But it's having the same effect as if he was chosing the team based on the best haircut.

I think his temperament is better for the long term good (as a pose to Pearson etc), most decent solid managers wouldn't touch us now. 

I think that is the nearest one so far that I can 'get behind' and can see that.

Â