The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

11 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

If you read further on you will notice I responded further !!!!!! Lol it's the muppet show tonight 

Apologies for my half arsed response to you're half arsed post,

However we bode well with the current state of affairs!

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can, I just don't agree with this bizarre view you have that it's physically impossible for them to make the right appointment.

You must have more faith in them than I do

Edited by Richard

Just now, Richard said:

You mystery have more faith in them than I do

What makes you think that? I don't have to have faith in them to accept that not every single thing they do is always going to be 100% wrong, even by accident.

2 minutes ago, Villanun said:

He said that the players need to be braver and that confidence comes from inside. I wouldn't say that's throwing the players under the bus -  I mean, do you disagree with him?

He also said the players didnt follow his instructions that he told them to follow through

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He also said the players didnt follow his instructions that he told them to follow through

Hmm. Thing is, I can see where he's coming from; I can't believe that he told them to stop playing after they scored, and ultimately these guys have to pull their socks up and show some guts.

Here's the article I read: https://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/we-stopped-playing-says-remi-garde-after-mica/172183

• Like 1

i dont disagree but Sherwood did same thing and a lot of people came on here calling him a disgrace for throwing them under the bus yet its all quiet about it tonight

I said what I did when Tim did it and I agree with both of them but just double standards on here ;)

6 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Hmm. Thing is, I can see where he's coming from; I can't believe that he told them to stop playing after they scored, and ultimately these guys have to pull their socks up and show some guts.

Here's the article I read: https://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/we-stopped-playing-says-remi-garde-after-mica/172183

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The club isn't shit right now? Those fans abusing fellow adults aren't shit?

I agree I was there but you can't label all fans with the same brush. I sang and shouted today , and booed at the end ! Majority of support on away days is excellent - every club has some clowns.

10 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I agree I was there but you can't label all fans with the same brush. I sang and shouted today , and booed at the end ! Majority of support on away days is excellent - every club has some clowns.

Oh I agree. On the whole our fans are excellent. But those idiots deserve to be shamed. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i dont disagree but Sherwood did same thing and a lot of people came on here calling him a disgrace for throwing them under the bus yet its all quiet about it tonight

I said what I did when Tim did it and I agree with both of them but just double standards on here ;)

Sherwood inherited a team that wasn't his. Sherwood joined a villa side, on a run that was similar to the one Garde joined. And after winning, that's right winning, 7 out of 13 games. He was then heavily criticised by many for the next 3 defeats.

• Like 3

He is saying the right things and often is able to identify our failings, but has yet to really change these mistakes. Now it might mostly be down to the players but I don't think it was too ambitious to think we might have won at least 1 game in the first 10 under Remi,

If we lose both the 2 home league games we will be under serious pressure for Wycombe. I feel sorry for the guy at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is saying the right things and often is able to identify our failings, but has yet to really change these mistakes. Now it might mostly be down to the players but I don't think it was too ambitious to think we might have won at least 1 game in the first 10 under Remi,

If we lose both the 2 home league games we will be under serious pressure for Wycombe. I feel sorry for the guy at the moment.

His hair is gradually getting greyer...

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Have to admit Remi is clueless, out of his depth and dose not deserve the abuse. 

IMO Just another pawn set up to fail that directs the immediate flak away from the unqualified board! 

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Garde is not clueless and he's not shit. He's just in a situation that he has neither the experience or skill set to get out of. His transition from player to coach/manager was at arsenal and his managerial experience with Lyon. How can his experiences in the game help him with this awful current scenario?

If we were 12th/13th I'd be confident that a few years under Garde would see us challenging for the top 6 spot. But I'm having serious doubts that he's going to be able to rebuild a club in this type of mess. While most don't mind relegation, I feel failure to return in the first couple of years could have some serious long term damage. 

Agree with both of these, my gut just tells me he hasn't got he minerals and there's nothing in his portfolio to change my gut.

Though again, just have to plod on with the guy and hope for the best till the end of season - for want of any better solution really, down is done already.

He was furious earlier as I think whatever he says to the players they just ignore. You can pretty much tell the players that respect him and the club out there on that pitch and they were the only three playing well.. Gil, Veretout and Ayew. When you only have three players pulling in one direction and the rest going in the other it's what's causing the issues. Now I'm not letting Garde off completely as he needs to impose himself more as he knows our failings and is likely trying to rectify them, but if every player is like "yes boss", "okay boss", "will do boss" in training and then shows on match day they weren't listening then what can he do really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He was furious earlier as I think whatever he says to the players they just ignore. You can pretty much tell the players that respect him and the club out there on that pitch and they were the only three playing well.. Gil, Veretout and Ayew. When you only have three players pulling in one direction and the rest going in the other it's what's causing the issues. Now I'm not letting Garde off completely as he needs to impose himself more as he knows our failings and is likely trying to rectify them, but if every player is like "yes boss", "okay boss", "will do boss" in training and then shows on match day they weren't listening then what can he do really.

If he's a real believer in his own system, and some are not following orders...change it up to those who will maybe?  Can't get any worse, and persisting with players who defy you is just stupid no?  I think we actually have a few players more deserved of a chance in many departments, so he's only got himself to blame if he plays players that "don't respect him and hte club".

I just can't say where there is going to be any kind of a turn around under Garde, I genuinely don't think we have improved in any area of the pitch since he took over. 

Ayew improved from game time and experience, so did Vertout although in his case Garde did give him that game time. 

He gave Gil some game time but in the wrong position and despite Gil doing ok i've seen him play better.

The rest of the team has been just as awful or more awful then they were under the last two managers, we didn't even get that new manager good feeling period where you smash a few unlikely wins, a defensive draw with City was all we got. We don't look anymore organised.

Garde has not had long enough to be written off, but we've not shown a single improvement. He was brought in to stop the rot and steer us clear from relegation, all he has done is confirm it.

• Like 3

Â