The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Why do Garde's team selections make perfect sense compared to Sherwood's? 

Bacuna in cm. Richardson as an attacking winger. The constant use of Sinclair. Starting games with a negative approach. 

I really don't see much difference. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

As was being made out at the time. That's the logical extension to the point you made

Imo there is very little if anything to justify Garde being better than Sherwood. Sherwood staying was not an option though

• Like 3

Why would anyone expect Garde to be better than Sherwood anyway? See they were both appointed by the sa,e incompetent imbeciles.  People who have appointed failure, have a failed culture and philosophy and still appoint based on that failed thinking. Sherwood was a bad manager and a bad appointment and Garde is a bad manager and bad appointment t because of that. Why would you expect those ruining the club to get it right in terms of appointment? You give them credit they do not deserve. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Imo there is very little if anything to justify Garde being better than Sherwood. Sherwood staying was not an option though

I absolutely agree with both of those statements but people need to be careful in their arguments.

when Sherwood was here people said he was crap, and he was, and that he should have got more out of the players and he should. Now to say that the players aren't that good and there is no more to get out of them sort of excuses Sherwoo.

see players = crap then Sherwood not so much to blame

players = not that good but could do more then Sherwood was bad

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Why would anyone expect Garde to be better than Sherwood anyway? See they were both appointed by the sa,e incompetent imbeciles.  People who have appointed failure, have a failed culture and philosophy and still appoint based on that failed thinking. Sherwood was a bad manager and a bad appointment and Garde is a bad manager and bad appointment t because of that. Why would you expect those ruining the club to get it right in terms of appointment? You give them credit they do not deserve. 

This is such bizarre reasoning. I get why you would think Garde is a bad appointment but according to what you just wrote there you seem to think Garde is a bad appointment because the people running the club make bad decisions? That's not really how it works.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Thing is...going on that - why boot Garde as we'll only end up with another one out of their depth with the same people making the decisions. 

Just a never ending circle of shite ain't it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Thing is...going on that - why boot Garde as we'll only end up with another one out of their depth with the same people making the decisions. 

Just a never ending circle of shite ain't it

Yes that's the problem! He is a poor manager and we are stuck with him for various reasons , that being one of them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is such bizarre reasoning. I get why you would think Garde is a bad appointment but according to what you just wrote there you seem to think Garde is a bad appointment because the people running the club make bad decisions? That's not really how it works.

Not just that , the results have been shit too. But not sure why you think it bizarre. They can't make a decent decision to save their lives what makes anyone think this is any different ?

Just now, Richard said:

Not just that , the results have been shit too. But not sure why you think it bizarre. They can't make a decent decision to save their lives what makes anyone think this is any different ?

Because it's ridiculous reasoning. Whether or not an appointment isn't based on who made it but rather how they perform. Obviously Garde's not performing well at the moment and I understand why you think he's a bad appointment but if he is a bad appointment it's because he's not getting results, not because of the people who hired him. How is that even relevant? Going by your logic we could appoint a world class manager and they'd still be a bad appointment.

It's relevant because they need to have a level of competence to appoint someone. You have errors do by saying going by my logic, no you have not looked at it correctly. Going by my logic they would not have the competence to appoint a world class manager . It's not that they appoint someone and they then become bad because of who has appointed them it is that they are already bad before they join and those appointing them are not seeing it and are making bad decisions. It's pretty straightforward really

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

It's relevant because they need to have a level of competence to appoint someone. You have errors do by saying going by my logic, no you have not looked at it correctly. Going by my logic they would not have the competence to appoint a world class manager . It's not that they appoint someone and they then become bad because of who has appointed them it is that they are already bad before they join and those appointing them are not seeing it and are making bad decisions. It's pretty straightforward really

Can you not see where I'm coming from here? You're acting as if it's impossible that they could appoint a good manager even by accident.

No i see where you are coming from, but you obviously can't see where I'm coming from. They are crap, they make crap decisions, they  would not make a good decision even by accident. I do not trust them to appoint a good manager because they do not have the competence to recognise one, approach one or negotiate with one. Any decent manager would have certain demands that would not fit into the failed culture that exists at the club so they would not appoint one by accident

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

No i see where you are coming from, but you obviously can't see where I'm coming from. They are crap, they make crap decisions, they  would not make a good decision even by accident. I do not trust them to appoint a good manager because they do not have the competence to recognise one, approach one or negotiate with one. Any decent manager would have certain demands that would not fit into the failed culture that exists at the club so they would not appoint one by accident

I can, I just don't agree with this bizarre view you have that it's physically impossible for them to make the right appointment.

Have to admit Remi is clueless, out of his depth and dose not deserve the abuse. 

IMO Just another pawn set up to fail that directs the immediate flak away from the unqualified board! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I love how Garde threw the players under the bus today like Sherwood did (similar enough comments as well) and not a mention of it on here

He said that the players need to be braver and that confidence comes from inside. I wouldn't say that's throwing the players under the bus -  I mean, do you disagree with him?

• Like 3

Â