The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

7 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

If people think any manager out there would have done any better with numptys like Clark, Richardson, Guzuan, they need their heads looking at.

We are bottom because we are absolutely dreadful-No manager in the world would have done any better, given thr dross we have at the club.

The finger of blame points firmly at the owner-I'd write about his poor running of the club but whats the point? He doesn't care-He just wants his money back

I read the first 2 lines and agreed.

Then the money came in to it.....If you are going to castigate him fine, He is responsible for making so many poor appointments.

but money?

e.g.Arnautovic ( 26).....6 ft odd runs around for fun......" 2 mill ....scores.

its not about the money he has'nt given us.....Its all the crap we have bought with it, from his appointments.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Based on what exactly? 

well we wouldn't have had Sherwood here for a start making a mess of everything. The mess he left us in and the way he left the team devoid of any confidence is the reason why Garde's struggling at the moment. But once we get our first win under him out the way I think things will start to improve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

.....are you really sure of that.

I happen to think if Jose Mourinho had of been here from the start of the season, it would be not much different....maybe a few points here and there.

I happen to think that if almost anybody but Sherwood was here at the start of the season it would have made a huge difference. We might have still found ourselves in a relegation battle but not 11 points adrift at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I read the first 2 lines and agreed.

Then the money came in to it.....If you are going to castigate him fine, He is responsible for making so many poor appointments.

but money?

e.g.Arnautovic ( 26).....6 ft odd runs around for fun......" 2 mill ....scores.

its not about the money he has'nt given us.....Its all the crap we have bought with it, from his appointments.

You could blame one appointment, maybe two but all of them? I don't think so.

We continually sold the crown jewels and replaced them with kids, hungry players or whatever masterplan was in place at the time.

The bottom line is that you cannot strip all the assets and rebuild on a shoestring. If Lerner was so interested in our history as he makes out, he would look at the championship winning side and see what happened there-Exactly the same as is happening now.

We have the owner who hasn't been to a game since the cup final, a bloke in charge who has no interest in football and is not very good at his job and a head of recruitment who has done what exactly in the world of professional football to justify him making decisions on players.

What happened to the global branding of our club that Krulak used to harp on about? What happened to the bright future they all promised us?

Its a shambles-Lerner came here for profit and wants to cut his losses-There was never ever any commitment or sentimental attachment to the club or its fans-It was a business venture-A poorly thought out one at that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lambert's already getting a kicking from Blackburn fans I see (they were all so giddy when he was appointed). Somehow lost to Bolton and can't score, sounds familiar.

Lambert to me was miles worse than Sherwood, he brought some proper embarrassment to this club on a regular basis Didn't help his reign seemed to go on forever, at least Sherwood was put out of his misery relatively quickly. 

Edit: 4 games without a goal for Blackburn and that's with Rhodes upfront.

Boring football

Too early to judge Garde. I actually think he's switched on, and in time he may do well. I do think his style may eventually work out with the hierarchy we have. But he wasn't the appointment we needed at that particular time. My feeling is that he's too cautious, a must not lose manager. 

I think he realises he can't go on the attack like some fans crave because we just don't have the players. His challenge really is how he moulds a squad that suits him. We won't survive this season not because he's inept but because we just don't have the quality. How he assembles a squad to come back from this will be his biggest challenge.  

A little bit. We had 10 points from first 4 and then didn't pick up another point until second week of November when surprise surprise Benteke came back from injury and the results started to pick up, no option of that this season so it would've been very marginal.

If, as seems very very likely, we get relegated let's at least have a real go at trying to win football matches. None of this negative crap that we've seen again today.

Secondly, we need to learn from our mistakes - players like Richardson for example shouldn't even be in the squad IMO.

The results so far are not good but hopefully Garde will show in the transfer window he can get players in to improve us.

The honeymoon period is certainly over!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Benteke, Delph, Vlaar and Cleverley?

Benteke I agree with, Delph I agree with but not as much. Cleverley was decent for about 8 games but awful for the remainder and Vlaar had a long term sick note. When Vlaar played he was either brilliant or shite in equal measure.

It's the overall depth of the squad that is the real problem. Years of buying two poor players for every decent one and that dates back to MON coupled with expecting poor academy players to be brilliant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If, as seems very very likely, we get relegated let's at least have a real go at trying to win football matches. None of this negative crap that we've seen again today.

Secondly, we need to learn from our mistakes - players like Richardson for example shouldn't even be in the squad IMO.

The results so far are not good but hopefully Garde will show in the transfer window he can get players in to improve us.

The honeymoon period is certainly over!

Yep, fed up of this negative bullshit, the likes of Richardson and Sinclair getting picked presumably  for their defensive 'capabilities'. News flash Garde, it's not delivering, we need wins, so don't set us up in the hope that we will get a draw. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Benteke I agree with, Delph I agree with but not as much. Cleverley was decent for about 8 games but awful for the remainder and Vlaar had a long term sick note. When Vlaar played he was either brilliant or shite in equal measure.

It's the overall depth of the squad that is the real problem. Years of buying two poor players for every decent one and that dates back to MON coupled with expecting poor academy players to be brilliant.

To be honest, they are much better than the shite that we bought in to replace them. The only one borderline on that one is Cleverley, who I thought was pretty shit, but would still get into this team. 

• Like 1

Â