The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

But they are not. Grealish hasn't done a great deal other than choose between Ireland or England, sinclair has been bounced off the ball by even the lightest premiership defender, and Gabby? And really, Gabby? Please do enlighten how he has enhanced the club in the last 5 years?

I'm not arguing that those 3 are good players, im well aware of their limits. But they are still better choices than Richardson.

Theres more chance of Grealish creating a chance or scoring than Richardson. Which is simply why we have to play the likes of Gil Grealish and Traore. They may not be in the best form but they are far more likely to create something.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I totally agree with Mark here. 

I can't believe he's looked at the squad, watched the videos and decided the best way to try and keep us, is to set us up like he has. 

The whole situation screams out for positive, attacking football. 

Thing is - the longest period this manager has had to work with the team resulted in a thrashing at Everton.

For Garde now it's not about trying to stay up. It should be about showing us he has something to get us back up. Putting out defensive, odd sides like today - exiling and not using players better than what are in the team - isn't the right way.

For me the argument to keeping him past May appears to be 'He's not Sherwood'. Well neither is Shirley Bassey. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You're seriously arguing Richardson is our best option as an attacking player? 

At the moment, given what has happened to our club, there is very little difference between our players. Grealish is no messiah, he has for far too long been far too interested in Jack Grealish, and not AVFC. Sinclair is **** Helen Flannnagan (that is some consolation if your career is going t*ts up) and Gabby should just leave. Richardson is completely limited, which is why he is indicative of our weak squad and weak owner.

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Yea why am i not surprised that this is the extent of your argument? If you think Richardson is the best choice we have at left midfileld/wing over Grealish/Gabby/Sinclair then you sir are the one that should be Getting TFO.

Can you honestly see any of these players stepping up? What is the difference at this point in time?

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can you honestly see any of these players stepping up? What is the difference at this point in time?

The difference is i think Richardson is probably one of the worst footballers at the club, i wouldn't even have him in the squad of 21 (or whatever it is) that travels. Can i see the other 3 stepping up? Not really, but there's still no way in hell i'd be starting Richardson.

This league was well above his level 3-4 years ago, the only reason he's at the club is Lambert was so desperate to fill out the squad with numbers when he ad no money, same as Cole. I'm 100% sure he'd be a championship or lower player had we not approached him.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

The difference is i think Richardson is probably one of the worst footballers at the club, i wouldn't even have him in the squad of 21 (or whatever it is) that travels. Can i see the other 3 stepping up? Not really, but there's still no way in hell i'd be starting Richardson.

This league was well above his level 3-4 years ago, the only reason he's at the club is Lambert was so desperate to fill out the squad with numbers when he ad no money, same as Cole. I'm 100% sure he'd be a championship or lower player had we not approached him.

So to conclude, we are fooked.

Garde admits his squad are in a fragile state psychologically and that his hampering their recovery attempts.

Asked if he had ever worked with a less confident bunch of players, he responded: "No to be fair, never.

"But it is a situation we have to work with. I believe that work in training sessions and speaking together is very important to create a new situation.

Of course you haven't, Remi. But you have had only one job as a coach before so that's not surprising!

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So to conclude, we are fooked.

We were when he took over, but we desperately needed someone to come in and lift the squad. Maybe even nick 1-2 wins and atleast give ourselves a chance. Instead he's come in and made absolutely no difference and hasn't even come close to winning a game in 8.

Put it this way, theres no way in my opinion that Garde will be our manager next christmas. Thats not me saying Garde out or that he should be sacked i just dont think he will still be here then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

We were when he took over, but we desperately needed someone to come in and lift the squad. Maybe even nick 1-2 wins and atleast give ourselves a chance. Instead he's come in and made absolutely no difference and hasn't even come close to winning a game in 8.

Put it this way, theres no way in my opinion that Garde will be our manager next christmas. Thats not me saying Garde out or that he should be sacked i just dont think he will still be here then.

No. I don't buy that. The last 4 seasons we have failed to build anything, with managers with any vision or principles. I am probably in a minority but I think Remi is the one to build us something and relegation is the only way for him to have the time to build it. We will improve as the season goes on but at this moment we will be relegated.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's fairly fortunate to have so much slack.

In the 11 games before Garde we had 4 points. 

In the 11 games before Sherwood we had 6 points. 

In the 8 games under Garde we have 4 points. 

In the first 8 games under Sherwood we had 10 points. 

Neither manager had anything to do with the squad they inherited. Both managers came into a club playing awful and getting shit results. Yet Sherwood got loads of grief while winning games and getting points. I think Garde is fairly fortunate he's replaced a guy everyone couldn't stand at the end. 

Bit like Lambert replacing Mcleish. 

I think there is a fair bit of truth in that.....

Because, sometimes fans don't know what to blame next.

We all have our thoughts and I guess its more than one thing.....I just happen to think we have bought the wrong type of players in the main and subsequently can't make a team.

Tim and Remi had/have not had enough time to show sufficient improvement.

Tim wasn't improving though. 

We were getting worse and worse. 

Under Garde there was definite improvement until today (however small) but even though his hand was forced with injuries/fixtures in quick succession, playing Richardson was stupid and Sinclair urghhhh

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No. I don't buy that. The last 4 seasons we have failed to build anything, with managers with any vision or principles. I am probably in a minority but I think Remi is the one to build us something and relegation is the only way for him to have the time to build it. We will improve as the season goes on but at this moment we will be relegated.

Well only time will tell on that one but i would not at all be surprised to see him continue to struggle, start next season with us and then be gone before christmas.

Changing managers is now completely pointless. Until Lerner et al go, nothing will change. Put Mourihno in and it'd be the same sodding story. Levelling any blame at Garde or even talking about his performance detracts from the people who have been consistently to blame all this time. Managers are nothing but a scapegoat.

Â