The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

He will be sacked, managers have been sacked for much less. Unfairly or not he'll go down as one of our worst ever managers without a doubt. 

He didn't even give us a glimmer of hope of survival at any point.

Indeed, he blew very key fixtures early on into his reign and managed to get no response from the players, now it's just an absolute pathetic joke. 

Time for this bloke to go. What does he do at half time with his team talks? We will not won another game this season and i really doubt we will score. Get rid now.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Makes me laugh that people think another manager would be able to motivate these players better. They're damaged goods - even Mourinho would only get a temporary bounce.

Then call Mourinho hes doing nothing till the summer anyway,ill take any kind of bounce!

• Like 1

Still not fussed if he stays or goes. I expect he won't be in charge next season anyway.

That said I genuinely don't want to be relying on these players next season with or without this manager. This current squad has the weakest mentality out there. It would get eaten alive in the championship.

IF our aim is for promotion next season we need a completely new squad. This just won't cut it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Makes me laugh that people think another manager would be able to motivate these players better. They're damaged goods - even Mourinho would only get a temporary bounce.

Rubbish rubbish , a manager is paid to motivate and push players, Garde is garbage sorry people are disillusioned if they think he would be any better we a few of his own players . We should have stayed with the joker Sherwood rather than be served up this crap every week . Nice polite French men do not make managers!!!

• Like 1

Only two differences between us and Swansea today.

1: We don't have a goalkeeper at the club capable of making a save.

2. We came out for the second half with no motivation at all.

Garde has no fault for the first. He needs to take blame for the second.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Indeed, he blew very key fixtures early on into his reign and managed to get no response from the players, now it's just an absolute pathetic joke. 

How much of that is down to the poor attitude of our players, I don't know. The fact that we lost Benteke in the summer and failed to replace him is the biggest issue.  

Remi hasn't shown anything. He hasn't motivated these players. He hasn't stopped us getting relegated. He also hasn't chosen a single player, and has inherited a complete mess from top down that has been coming 5 years. So his rating is a big fat neutral - neither bad or good. But what we need more than anything is stability, so for that reason, he should stay and let's see what he is made of.

We'd be no worse off with Doris the tea lady as manager at the minute. Garde has zero motivational skills it would seem 

The players aren't playing for him, if he was to stay that would mean getting rid of a lot of this team at a significant financial loss - not going to happen

it will be much more cost effective to sack Garde and bring in another chump who can try and get a tune out of this sack of shit we call a team.

right now I'm not really fussed if he stays or goes tbh, what's more bothersome is the thought that a large part of this team will still be here doing the same **** shit next season

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Remi hasn't shown anything. He hasn't motivated these players. He hasn't stopped us getting relegated. He also hasn't chosen a single player, and has inherited a complete mess from top down that has been coming 5 years. So his rating is a big fat neutral - neither bad or good. But what we need more than anything is stability, so for that reason, he should stay and let's see what he is made of.

No no why risk him given the crap he has so far demonstrated. He has to go . We need a experienced manager to try and get us back straight away . Not risk staying with Garde..

My only fear is that if he goes, whoever the new manager will be will have to give everyone yet another chance.

The Manager is only part of our current problem, personally I see certain players as being bigger issues.

Even if Garde goes, I want the majority of players gone too.

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

No no why risk him given the crap he has so far demonstrated. He has to go . We need a experienced manager to try and get us back straight away . Not risk staying with Garde..

No no to starting again. We need stability.

Might as well sack him as soon as we are down. I appreciate that might as well be now but at least when there's nothing to actually play for we can stick all the youth team in and Garde can go elsewhere. Has proved a complete disaster. As much as people can argue that no other manager could've done better I struggle to see how one could do any worse.

I was firmly in the garde to stay camp but we go from worse to worse, today's performance was the worst in a long line. Everyone saying we were on top first half, only because Swansea never got started however they still had the better chance. We don't move the ball with any purpose, our forwards have no movement and can't hold the ball up to bring others in. I firmly believe the players are no where near as bad as they are being made to look, by poor tactics and rubbish selections.  For me he has to go and it might as well be now, what's the point in persisting with someone who has shown not one inkling he could get us out of the championship let alone be competitive.

Yes he has not been helped with having no half decent forward to pick from, but he just doesn't seem to motivate (just sits glum faced slumped in his chair) and can't see a way to change the game. I'm well and truely done with villa this season, can't believe I have lasted this long. 

Â