The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

31 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

The nature of a man is key for me. I cannot divorce Pearson's character just because he has a record of working with lower league clubs under constraints. I can totally ignore his 'recent work'. If he becomes manager of AVFC I will have major difficulties. We should imho be above employing such a rocket polisher

explain exactly why Mike

do we really know his character?

perhaps someone knows more than I do, about him.

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet, this is the position that Randy Lerner has lead us to. Where otherwise reasonable human beings are accepting of somebody like Nigel **** Pearson as manager of Aston Villa Football Club. 

Horrible. 

Not to my knowledge he is going to be offered the job if it becomes available....but

Not a loaded question....but explain to me, why Nigel Pearson is so, Hated.

I am genuinely not sure I understand.

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet, this is the position that Randy Lerner has lead us to. Where otherwise reasonable human beings are accepting of somebody like Nigel **** Pearson as manager of Aston Villa Football Club. 

Horrible. 

That is a cheap shot, if I may say.

Randy Lerner has not in anyway shape or form influenced my opinion on a Football managers ability to manage a team.

I have heard plenty of stories of football managers not liked etc,etc,etc

They are not there to win a popularity parade.....Ron Saunders himself was an acquired taste, negated by his success.....personally I loved him, but Bobby Mac who had to play for him didn't....thats life I'm afraid.

I don't know the full low down on the life of Nigel Pearson, his Character does not adversely concern me( I haven't got to interview him), his ability to make something of Aston Villa Football club does.....given the opportunity.

If we all wanted to make out a case.....no one would be signed.

Ps I like Remi Garde as a person , not as our manager ( in terms of results alone)

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

British manager ffs. Why is this so **** important?!

Lost support in the boardroom? That same boardroom who completely and utterly failed Remi in January?

**** this crap man.

I share your frustration completely. It's **** bone-headed.

What worries me more in that article is that it's partly in response to losing support in the dressing room. Surely the board aren't seriously contemplating placating those shitbags? I'll be pissed off if Garde is sacked but what will piss me off even more is if serious efforts aren't made to cull the squad. Many of those players are a cancer on this club - pathetic little parasites who should **** right off. They have to go before anyone else. Just get them the **** out the bunch of words removed.

I **** despise most of the first team, I really do.

• Like 3

Depends what we're going to do this summer really. If we want to truly change the philosophy and have a massive clear out of the poisonous elements, we should keep Garde. If we aren't going to do that, Pearson would be a good choice to whip them into shape in the short term. I want to to with the former, personally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Depends what we're going to do this summer really. If we want to truly change the philosophy and have a massive clear out of the poisonous elements, we should keep Garde. If we aren't going to do that, Pearson would be a good choice to whip them into shape in the short term. I want to to with the former, personally. 

The problem is, it's absolutely imperative that we clear out the poison if we're to have any chance of coming back up. It doesn't necessarily have to be Garde doing it (although I'd much rather it was) but somebody has to do it.

10 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Attacking players, insulting journalists and telling fans to f~off and die really doesn't strike me as a man that is totally balanced.

• What players were attacked? if its the McArthur incident that was 6 of one an half a dozen of the other.....so by omission, it was ok for MON to attack Reo Coker
  • Insulting Journalists.....Cloughie did it every week, its banter.
  • Telling fans to eff off and die, don't know the circumstances, but better than Savo's spitting and Cantona's Ku Fu kick....Not good granted, but would have to know the circumstances.

He's a tough Character, not to be messed with.

These things happen....If you don't fancy him fair enough......I just want to see a tough streak brought back in to our club.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • What players were attacked? if its the McArthur incident that was 6 of one an half a dozen of the other.....so by omission, it was ok for MON to attack Reo Coker
  • Insulting Journalists.....Cloughie did it every week, its banter.
  • Telling fans to eff off and die, don't know the circumstances, but better than Savo's spitting and Cantona's Ku Fu kick....Not good granted, but would have to know the circumstances.

He's a tough Character, not to be messed with.

These things happen....If you don't fancy him fair enough......I just want to see a tough streak brought back in to our club.

Attacking players is never OK, that's the point. Banter? I see it differently. Football has change significantly since Cloughie's hay day, and where do you draw the line?

You're entitled to your opinion, I respect that however I could never agree.

Besides it's really only relevant IF the club appoint him.

UTV

1 hour ago, TRO said:

explain exactly why Mike

do we really know his character?

perhaps someone knows more than I do, about him.

TRO frankly I can't be arsed. It is all in the public domain and a little online research will reveal the nature of the man. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

TRO frankly I can't be arsed. It is all in the public domain and a little online research will reveal the nature of the man. 

Sorry Mike, I will have to disagree on this one.

The man hasn't broken the law to my knowledge , and I am fed up with the lilly livered approach of the footballing side of the club.

he is a bit of a tough guy for sure as was Ron S

If its on line and there is nothing else then I am aware of his misgivings and the misgivings of many more managers with much bigger profiles than Nigel Pearson.

Quite Frankly, I am Peed off with some fans character assassinating managers i.e Sherwood with not much more than a dislike of their personality.

Remi Has come along with a very engaging demeanor admittedly a shocking squad, but still players week in week out making the same mistakes.

Its not a bloody library we are running its a physically involved and engaging football club.

We need to man up, even the pundits now are working hard to suppress their sniggers......and we have the audacity to question Nigel Pearson and his hard man tactics......( not to say he will be joining us)

God only knows if we had of Had Dave Basset/Bobby Gould and the crazy Gang......and yes I would swap them for this lot.

PS If we don't man up quick as a football team ...we are dead.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Attacking players is never OK, that's the point. Banter? I see it differently. Football has change significantly since Cloughie's hay day, and where do you draw the line?

You're entitled to your opinion, I respect that however I could never agree.

Besides it's really only relevant IF the club appoint him.

UTV

Of course it is only relevant if the club appoints him.....but I can tell you off this site, its a popular shout.

please don't keep rolling out that "get out of jail" chesnut.....Football has changed.....Its not Ballet.

and some villa fans were saying we should have signed Joey Barton.....not judging by these comments.

what does he actually do? camera panned on him many times today and he didnt even look arsed. O'Leary and McLeish were slaughtered for a lot less

should be next on Hollis chop list

• Like 2

Â