The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What a horrid team selection, it was as bad as McLeish vs Spurs it was that bad. 5 at the back at home plus a defensive midfielder plus playing Lescott

Yet apparently it still wasn't defensive enough, given how badly we performed in that department. 

I dont understand why a team that cant defend even bother trying to play that way, I would not be as pissed if we went gung ho and lost 7-4 compared to starting so many defenisve players

• Like 1

Expecting to wake up tomorrow morning to the news that he has resigned.

Edit: and to the news that Drumpf is one step closer to being the republican candidate

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

When Garde came the defence was a shambles.

18 matches in and it's still a shambles. He must take some responsibilty for that.

I'd argue it's worse. With the exception of 1 game we lost the others by 1 goal this season under TS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

I'd argue it's worse. With the exception of 1 game we lost the others by 1 goal this season under TS. 

its a hell of a lot worse especially since Garde was a manager who had organisation skills, we have took some bad beatings and that is 13 goals conceded in last 4 home games 

• Like 2

I think you can see the pressure he's feeling now. He seems to be getting "Sherwooditis" based on the formation tonight. By that I mean he's trying anything to get a result.

Switching to 3 center backs at this point in the season is pointless, with that type of formation the players need a hell of a lot more time than 3 days to get to grips with it.

Guzan upfront and Gil in goal next game?

Joking aside, I do like Garde, but he simply doesn't have the players to do what he wants to do. He wasn't backed in January and he doesn't have any players to replace the under performers, as he alluded to in a recent interview.

• Like 2

I'm done defending Garde or anyone at the club, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he resigned

he came in and has barely made a difference, not even a honeymoon period, he may not have been backed and the squad is atrocious but we know some of these players can perform at a better level than they are and yet none of them are performing for Garde, you can only expect heavy defeats for the rest of the f*ck stain of a season as no-one on the pitch cares anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm done defending Garde or anyone at the club, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he resigned

he came in and has barely made a difference, not even a honeymoon period, he may not have been backed and the squad is atrocious but we know some of these players can perform at a better level than they are and yet none of them are performing for Garde, you can only expect heavy defeats for the rest of the f*ck stain of a season as no-one on the pitch cares anymore.

While I agree Garde can't be totally blameless for the lack of improvement in results since he took over, you do have to consider what he was up against.

The quality of the squad he inherited back in November was considered, even then, by pretty much every football pundit and reporter to be hopelessly ill equipped to stay in the premier league and this has proven to be the case. There is only so much anyone can do with a pile of turd.

If he'd been able to sign 3-4 guys in January and we were still in this mess then I'd be more inclined to start pointing fingers at him. The fact that we signed ZERO players (I still can't believe it) means he's still working with a group who he had nothing at all to do with signing.

The bottom line is he didn't take over an under achieving squad (Chelsea) he took over a shit squad and only has the same shit to work with.

• Like 2

I can't be too hard on Remi - he hasn't impressed me too much but the club is rotten from top to bottom and I don't think anyone could do much better.

I think remi staying on will be dependant on the club willing to let him get rid of half this squad that clearly don't want to play for him or the club. I really wouldn't blame him for walking and a few weeks ago I was sure he'd stay on after relegation, now I'm certain come June were going to be interviewing the likes of simon Grayson and Steve Evans for the job. 

Â