The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hang on to a point?

What else could we do? We barely have good enough attackers to score when we play well with 11 men. Down to 10 and with Agbonlahor leading the line, I don't really see what his options were.

We gambled towards the end and it cost us a second goal, but I haven't seen us as drilled defensively as we were today for a long time. It's sad that that's the only positive I can take from the game, but I don't think you can blame Garde, or any of the players that remained on the pitch, for what happened tonight.

I agree with you - but I thought it was wrong to have Gabby so deep aswell. We may aswell have left him up front on his own and tried to hit him with a ball over the top.

We defended quite well, but there was no respite at all, so eventually we were going to concede.

Hope he walks out tomorrow. This board do not deserve anything. I hope we get mathematically relegated very soon and £millions are wiped off our value because I have totally had it with this club and now only the complete destruction of Lerner's empire will put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Hang on to a point?

What else could we do? We barely have good enough attackers to score when we play well with 11 men. Down to 10 and with Agbonlahor leading the line, I don't really see what his options were.

We gambled towards the end and it cost us a second goal, but I haven't seen us as drilled defensively as we were today for a long time. It's sad that that's the only positive I can take from the game, but I don't think you can blame Garde, or any of the players that remained on the pitch, for what happened tonight.

Exactly, he set us up well playing some decent possession football that looked like it might result in something, then when the red card happened, he organised us defensively pretty well.  Unfortunately one lapse and it's over, but the way he could change things shows a decent manager.  I'm sure there will be a few takers if he did end up leaving.  I don't think he will quit before the summer, he is such an honourable bloke I think he will do it just for the fans and club, even if the board screwed him over.  Then I wouldn't begrudge him leaving.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Becoming a great manager for us. He is Hero in this shit hole of a club. Needs to walk, but I would like him here when we are in the Championship. He can do nothing, no fault of his for me.

Well said man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

I agree with you - but I thought it was wrong to have Gabby so deep aswell. We may aswell have left him up front on his own and tried to hit him with a ball over the top.

We defended quite well, but there was no respite at all, so eventually we were going to concede.

Maybe, but that might not have been a direct request, it could have just been a product of West Ham having so much of the ball. He'll have wanted us all behind the ball so Gabby naturally drops deep.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Still think it'll depend on whether he's backed or not in the summer.

I think that's unlikely. Judging by the last 5/6yrs its difficult to envisage anything other than more cuts. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Becoming a great manager for us. He is Hero in this shit hole of a club. Needs to walk, but I would like him here when we are in the Championship. He can do nothing, no fault of his for me.

This.  He is good manager, but his hands are tied and he is not been helped by poor referees and player cock-ups.  I will be totally gutted if he walks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Hope he walks out tomorrow. This board do not deserve anything. I hope we get mathematically relegated very soon and £millions are wiped off our value because I have totally had it with this club and now only the complete destruction of Lerner's empire will put a smile on my face.

But why? We need him.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I think that's unlikely. Judging by the last 5/6yrs its difficult to envisage anything other than more cuts. 

We'll just have to wait and see but I think even the board will recognise that this summer is completely different to January. I reckon we might spend a fair bit in the summer and then if we don't come back up straight away that'll be it until Lerner finally goes.

• Like 1

I really hope he stays.

he will be head and shoulders above the rest of the managers in the championship.

praying that he sticks with it and he gets the chance to bin off the shit we have and buy who he needs

board won't give him that chance though

Remi can't walk out when we are losing, it would be terrible for his CV. I am fairly sure he will take a break at the end of the season though, strikes me as someone who will happily give up the money for his own well being - take note paul lambert.

• Like 1

Â