limpid

Remi can borrow his halt-time pep talk from Sheldon Cooper.

"You have taken the most important step on the road to success, learning what not to do. Now let's start fresh.

Gabby we're going to need some tea"

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

The frustrating thing is we give away goals far too easily. The positive is that we may be able to fix individual errors with Garde if he can get some confidence into the side. I still don't think we have a bad squad but we have had very poor team selections none more so than tonight. 

I agree.. confidence is absolutely shredded at the minute from Guzan right through the team. That doesn't mean we are 100% relegation fodder. Look at Leicester last year, Sunderland before them..dead and buried in everyone's eyes. A turnaround is still on for Villa this season. I definitely believe it will happen. This was always a difficult game....new manager not able to influence team yet. But thankfully we are stuffing up against a decent side, away from home...than a relegation rival at home eh?

• Like 1

Garde has a massive job on his hands...he'll need to be a magician to do anything with this lot

Best we can hope for is promotion at the end of next season.

• Like 1

Yes, Dele Alli shows that if you invest in young, English talent you get reward.  :rolleyes:

I don't understand the point your making... We tried to sign the player you are talking about so it's not like we haven't attempted to buy young English players. He came from League 1 last year and we've also bought a number of young English players from lower leagues recently (Westwood, Lowton, Bennett, etc.).

No, you don't understand the point i'm making.

That was exactly what my first sentence was, care to explain?

Of course. The commentator came out with that wonderful line. My point, which I thought the rolling eyes emphasised, was that Dele Ali is one player amongst a sea of English crap and in no way proves that investing in English talent gets you a reward.

He has scored a goal though

The Gabby stat shows that he's isolated, he can't very well play shite when he's not even had the ball...

So the logical conclusion when you have a lone striker with nobody within 20 yards every time the ball goes forward is to bring on a less mobile striker to do the same thing...

• Like 2