limpid

We are an utter embarrassment. What is the point in Gabby? He has no pace now and literally brings NOTHING.

the one time we played the ball behind the back 4 for him to run onto he pulled the defender down.  Sums him up really.

To be fair, considering the horrendous lack of quality in the XI, the system isn't actually that bad and you could say it's been two shit bits of defending that cost us.  We deserve to give them a two goal head start for picking this team in the first place anyway.  I'm not sure why Ayew was chosen to replace Westwood either.  

Yes, Dele Alli shows that if you invest in young, English talent you get reward.  :rolleyes:

I don't understand the point your making... We tried to sign the player you are talking about so it's not like we haven't attempted to buy young English players. He came from League 1 last year and we've also bought a number of young English players from lower leagues recently (Westwood, Lowton, Bennett, etc.).

No, you don't understand the point i'm making.

That was exactly what my first sentence was, care to explain?

Of course. The commentator came out with that wonderful line. My point, which I thought the rolling eyes emphasised, was that Dele Ali is one player amongst a sea of English crap and in no way proves that investing in English talent gets you a reward.

• Like 2