New manager

KJT123

It is very rare that I agree with Lawro, but you can't argue with what he's just said on MOTD extra.  Remi Garde is a huge gamble having never having managed in the PL, and it smacks of the type of decision making we've been making as a club for a long time.

Personally the romantic in me wants RG, I want him to come in, get the french guys back on track and play some attacking football to fire us up the league.  But that same attitude saw me get very excited about the likes of Veretout, Adama etc coming in the summer... it doesn't always work out like that.

Whoever comes is a gamble. I just hope Remi ends up being a Koeman, Raneri, Flores. An not a Advocaat, Poyet or De Canio. All coincidently which were at Sinderland, poor chaps.

• Like 2

Why do I get the feeling Remi isn't coming??

because you're a pessimistic (well normal reall) villa fan who has bought into the opinion that it's an exciting managerial appointment who may be able to get us moving forward at last and you are desperately clinging to that hope . Now that there is a slight delay while we try and knock 10% off the compensation to Lyon you worry that the belief you have bought into is not going to happen

10%!! How much we paying for crying out loud? Can't be THAT much surely? 

How many people would join us from Lyon - if it happened? (Which it won't...... I shall remain a pessimist) 

It is very rare that I agree with Lawro, but you can't argue with what he's just said on MOTD extra.  Remi Garde is a huge gamble having never having managed in the PL, and it smacks of the type of decision making we've been making as a club for a long time.

does it? Mcleish/lambert/houllier were all signed before with "premier league experience". Ofc lambert/Mcliesh didnt have much of it but anyone who is a good manager with good premier league experience will be close to impossible to get (FatSam was the only one). 

I really dont know who you expect us to sign

• Like 2

Personally the romantic in me wants RG, I want him to come in, get the french guys back on track and play some attacking football to fire us up the league.  But that same attitude saw me get very excited about the likes of Veretout, Adama etc coming in the summer... it doesn't always work out like that.

Then again, maybe just maybe we finally make the right move and see the beginning of things turning around for us. I'll drink that kool aid for now because goddam things are bleak atm. 

We deserve a bit of luck in that department.

Having had more time to consider it I looked at the team he inherited at Lyon in his first season with the likes of Lloris, Gomis, Gourcuff, Kallstrom, Lovren, Pjanic and you'd expect a certain amount of success with those players. It's not exactly Moyes taking Everton to 4th with the likes of Tony Hibbert and Kevin Kilbane. I believe Garde did however achieve relative success as the big names were sold off, so that is where I hold any hope.

• Like 1

If its a 3 and a half year deal you would expect him and his team to stay even if we get relegated right?

unless the fans want him sacked and club pays the compensation and we start again and get big Sam and then sack him when the fans get fed up of boring football then we start again until a new owner comes in and then repeat ad infinitum

• Like 2

Rubbish long ball manager and the one some would rather have seen us get relegated than see appointed manager has got his Sunderland team playing really well against Everton.

Edited by DK82

Rubbish long ball manager and the one some would rather have seen us get relegated than see appointed manager has got his Sunderland team playing really well against Everton.

and losing!!