New manager

KJT123

I'm also far from convinced McDonald is a "able deputy" in the meantime given how he did last time and in his jobs after that, good coach but not a manager.

I still remember that Everton game we somehow won 1-0.  I don't think I've ever seen us get so battered.

• Like 1

Haven't you seen the table? Any new guy needs all the games he can get. Time is very much of the essence, so we haven't got a month to wait and see whether Moyes gets sacked. 

Its a good question though.......would you wait 3 weeks for Moyes ? - I think I would.

But its going to be Allardyce all over again - we will appoint a new bloke - Moyes will get sacked a few days later - and end up at Newcastle !

Can anyone confirm Moyes contact situation I heard it only runs until the end of the current season ?

I think the new manager first thing he has to do is get the team winning games by MORE than one goal. We seem to be in this habit of winning by the odd goal (in the rare games we do win these games) and we dont have the belief we can go on and beat a team comfortably. This is one fundamental problem I think we have mentally. 

• Like 1

I think the new manager first thing he has to do is get the team winning games by MORE than one goal. We seem to be in this habit of winning by the odd goal (in the rare games we do win these games) and we dont have the belief we can go on and beat a team comfortably. This is one fundamental problem I think we have mentally. 

Good point 

It has to be Moyes job to turn down surely?

On paper, there cannot be any better candidate and if the board aren't doing everything they can to get Moyes this opportunity will be lost.

Moyes is proven in the PL. He could be a long-term appointment and his dealings in the transfer market at Everton were excellent - Lescott, Tim Cahill, Jagielka and many others all signed from Championship. Seamus Coleman, Tim Howard, Steven Pienaar, Arteta, Fellani recruited from overseas - some as relatively unknown players... 

He operated - very successfully at Everton, under similar financial limitations he'd face at Villa.

And for Moyes - he's unlikely to get another top 4 gig any time soon... The tier below the top 5 clubs - e.g. Spurs, Villa, Everton - that's his level.

Might he even get another chance at clubs like that?

... On paper, it screams Moyes. I cannot believe the calibre of some of the names being linked - Garde?? Pearson???? 

It should be a shortlist of managers who have previous in the PL - Moyes, Rodgers or Redknapp. End of. 

You are talking about a man who is already in employment. Is he likely to walk out on his current job and pay his contract up to join a sinking ship like us.

McDonald is an able deputy for now. Maybe Villa should just ride it out for a few weeks... 'see what happens at Sociedad before making a short-sighted appointment for the sake of it. I mean - Remi Garde? WTF?

Amusing how you can call Garde a 'WTF' appointment and then seriously suggest Redknapp. :thumb: :D

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2