Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Beauvue is a winger turned centre forward, I've kept an eye on him ever since he was a beast in pes 2014 and although he was quality last season he hasn't done it consistently in his career and hasnt done it this season while playing as a centre forward so overall summary is that he is a gamble but that's our level of signing right now imo. I'd be happy enough if we signed him for the reported £4m and see how he gets on for the rest of the season.

His record when playing centre forward is actually pretty good (1 every 2 games) according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/claudio-beauvue/leistungsdaten/spieler/58818/plus/0?saison=ges

Beauvue is a winger turned centre forward, I've kept an eye on him ever since he was a beast in pes 2014 and although he was quality last season he hasn't done it consistently in his career and hasnt done it this season while playing as a centre forward so overall summary is that he is a gamble but that's our level of signing right now imo. I'd be happy enough if we signed him for the reported £4m and see how he gets on for the rest of the season.

His record when playing centre forward is actually pretty good (1 every 2 games) according to this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/claudio-beauvue/leistungsdaten/spieler/58818/plus/0?saison=ges

Yeah the majority of those goals came last season, he has played as a centre forward this season and has 4 in 18 so it's fair to say he hasn't scored consistently.

Yes and they were clever , they loaned alone of quality in Martinez first season this got them up the table more prize money and they were able to purchase the loan players.2 midfielders tonight Barry Free ,Clevery Free and Besic IIRC was around £5mil so not huge outlays when buying either.

32 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Yes and they were clever , they loaned alone of quality in Martinez first season this got them up the table more prize money and they were able to purchase the loan players.2 midfielders tonight Barry Free ,Clevery Free and Besic IIRC was around £5mil so not huge outlays when buying either.

but difference is while MON and even McLeish left a defensive base here that we never built on it and tried rip them up quite quick. Martinez was clever and he built on the the back 4 Moyes left him and the structure that was in the club and added to it with shrewd players

Good point Stones IIRC was Moyes last signing as well.

We don't score enough but our biggest problem is defence.Its been years since we looked solid at the back.The most solid we looked recently was beginning of last season with Hutton Vlaar Sendaros and Cissoko.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/garde-halts-beauvue-wants-to-sign-moukandjo-for-aston-villa-inste

This article says that we're looking at Benjamin Moukandjo of Lorient (according to L'equipe) - plays for Ayew's old club but came in when Ayew left, so haven't played together I think. 11 in 17 this season anyway, which is pretty good. 

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can we ask lyon if they are stupid enough to do a swap deal for gabby??

Beauvue is apparently transfer listed and was offered to us by Lyon so they must really want rid.  Though in saying that, Garde is supposed to have turned down the chance to take him.

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Beauvue is apparently transfer listed and was offered to us by Lyon so they must really want rid.  Though in saying that, Garde is supposed to have turned down the chance to take him.

Really where was it reported that garde turned down the chance to sign him though? We seem to have a good relationship with Lyon we always seem to do business with them

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really where was it reported that garde turned down the chance to sign him though? We seem to have a good relationship with Lyon we always seem to do business with them

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/aston-villa-have-turned-down-the-chance-to-make-an-offer-for-claudio-beauvue-for-the-moment/

Though Benjamin Moukandjo is now injured for 3-4 weeks so that might change things back.

Meh, all these transfer links are quite depressing. We will rapidly become a second rate Ligue 1 team, that league is utter horse shit if you take PSG out of it. I'm not convinced by this recruitment policy at all.This policy didn't exactly pan out too well for Newcastle and I can't believe we are copying it, if the speculation is right and we are going to pluck everyone from France I don't think this is going to go well at all.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

hands down the worst Villa performance I have ever seen, only thing close was 7-1 at Stamford Bridge or Wigan 0-3 at home

Not even close. We've had comfortably two worse performances than that since it happened.

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde has enquired about several Arsenal players - including right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

Garde spoke to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger about the prospect of Villa taking Debuchy on loan this month.

The claret and blue boss is eager to strengthen his options to boost the club's chances of staying up.

Asked about Debuchy, Garde said: "I had a conversation with Arsene Wenger a few days about some of the players and Mathieu Debuchy was one of the players."

Questioned further on the prospects of landing the French defender, Garde added: "It's too early. It wont help me or anybody to go forward to make any more comments about that today."

Garde was also guarded on the subject of Villa targeting Chelsea striker Loic Remy on loan after incurring the wrath of Guus Hiddink for discussing the player last wee

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-remi-10697878