Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

We should try and get Shelvey IMO. Unpopular on here perhaps. however he is obtainable and he would certainly improve the first team.

If he doesn't mind a season or 2 in the Championship he's be excellent in our midfield. Certainly more of a driving force than Westwood.

• Like 3

Iturbe for £17m is what gives me hope for the future, they'll get this £100m TV money, nothing to suggest they'll spend it wisely, £17m for a bloke who's done **** all in Portugal and Italy but has somehow got this "next messi" reputation that garners a big fee and big wages

We should have got afobe though, perfect for a team looking to yo-yo between the leagues over the next couple of years

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

We should try and get Shelvey IMO. Unpopular on here perhaps. however he is obtainable and he would certainly improve the first team.

I think he's a brilliant player but why would he leave Swansea to come here?

I think he's a brilliant player but why would he leave Swansea to come here?

Well they all booed him and told him to **** off yesterday when he went to clap the fans according to my Oxford mate. He'd feel right at home here.

Lets be totally honest about the situation… 

We couldn't attract **** dust at the moment!

Indeed. Talk of spending £12m on Shelvey are deluded, as much as I like the player himself. Newcastle have a chance of staying up, we are basically a Championship club now so will exclusively be marketing ourselves to players 100% happy to take the step down or perhaps the likes of Shelvey on loan, if the club still think we have a chance.

The fact that we've not signed anybody yet suggests they don't.

13 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

Where are B'mouth getting this money from. They fell foul of the Football League's FF, they have gates less than 12k something doesn't add up unless I missed something. They spent a few Bob in the summer as well

billionaire russian owner (Maxim Demin) and russian backers as welll.

Edited by Villan4Life

Where are B'mouth getting this money from. They fell foul of the Football League's FF, they have gates less than 12k something doesn't add up unless I missed something. They spent a few Bob in the summer as well

billionaire russian owner (Maxim Demin) and russian backers as welll.

but don't you have to generate your income Tobe able to spend?

The lesson to take from Bournmouth is to just forget about FFP in championship buy decent players get promoted and accept the fine...

TBH i think its shocking they are spending money like that when other clubs who didnt comply with FFP and werent promoted have been given embargos on signing players.

Shelvey is off to Newcastle no chance of getting him.

I really do feel if Garde can get 3, maybe 4 signings he feels will respond to his style of football and are good quality then it will make a massive difference to us. We can start to get a run of results and see where it takes us.

If the board / Randy trust him and back him I really think we can push on. The news coming out of VP soon will be very important. It will show either fight or acceptance from the top.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Iturbe for £17m is what gives me hope for the future, they'll get this £100m TV money, nothing to suggest they'll spend it wisely, 

Yep!

All this extra cash won't mean that Premier League clubs will form some impenetrable league in which those coming up from below can never survive. It merely means a larger amount of cash will be totally wasted on transfer fees, wages, and agents' fees! 

• Like 1

Was at the game Saturday and one thing is really apparent - we are a quiet team! If we are to make just one signing this window (God hope there's more by the way) but we need a talker/voice in the middle of the park. The type of player that talks to players and the ref at times, can put his fist up to some to get them going and put an arm round others that need encouragement.  You can see that the current players have slowly regressed over six months.  Gana is mute I'm sure!  Now, I really don't know who but we need someone to lead us for rest of season and the next (ie a Joey Barton, a Kevin Nolan type player). It may also make the opposition think that we are not pushovers as I'm sure most teams do at present.  

• Like 3

Perhaps they're waiting to how we do in the next two games before deciding which type of players to go for. If we get a couple of wins and close the gap then we might see some ambitious signings/loans.

• Like 1