Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Silly season starts...

http://talksport.com/football/stoke-city-midfielder-stephen-ireland-could-be-set-return-aston-villa-or-newcastle

Stoke City midfielder Stephen Ireland will be a January target for former clubs Aston Villa and Newcastle when he returns from injury.

Ireland is currently sidelined with a hamstring problem and, during his absence, Bojan, Xherdan Shaqiri and Marko Arnautovic have made the attacking midfield positions their own, with the likes of Jon Walters and Ibrahim Afellay ready made replacements.

The 29-year-old has not started a Premier League game all season and last featured in the top-flight as a substitute in the win over Swansea back in October, but he has a contract at the Britannia until 2017.

Ireland has played for both Villa and Newcastle before and could once again offer them much-needed experience – possibly on loan.

I found Remi's candidness about looking for players who might need to prove themselves ahead of the Euro's to be quite excellent. A "come and get me" plea in reverse.

Benteke on loan? It sounds completely **** mental but, with Lukaku playing the way he is and Benteke, well, not, is it a possibility?

we cant. we already have 1 Liverpool player on loan [emoji20]

I'd actually buy him outright for an b extortionate amount of money if it meant getting The Beast on loan for the rest of the season.

10 points or not, he'd give us a chance.

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd actually buy him outright for an b extortionate amount of money if it meant getting The Beast on loan for the rest of the season.

10 points or not, he'd give us a chance.

Buy him back back put a relegation release fee figure in the contract or another minimum release figure. i honestly do think a marquee benteke signing would absolutely change the dynamics. thats the only way i will start believing we can stay up. Just dont think Lerners got the balls to do it

Imagine the irony and the fans reaction? 

Spend years trying to get the prat off the payroll only to resign him. :crylaugh:

If it wasn't Villa I'd find it funny. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In what universe would Benteke ever want to come back here?

Looks like Benteke may the potential to turn into the VillaTalk transfer window Pipedream.

Fantasies about James Milner returning have resulted in so many soiled sheets that Dunelm have decided to open their Birmingham branch's 24hrs a day throughout January. 

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

thing is we can only get one loan player from Premier League team. So we be looking at inexperienced players in this league mainly on loan

Can we actually send Llori back? I guessed he was one of the players Remi was on about.

The beast is a bit stuck at the moment. Not getting game time but obviously wants to start and play football for a top club like Chelsea (used to be).

Wouldn't hurt his career to take a hit, go to another club and play first team football to raise his profile again for the rest of the season.

We're probably not that club though. I can see him going somewhere mid-table. If we did go for him and he did come here, though, I'd man wee.

I haven't really been following Benteke's progress at Liverpool, but if he's out of favour, might as well bring him back. If we can get a couple of wins before January together with a good chairman appointment and then Benteke returns it should give the club a lift.

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I actually dream't of Benteke returning a few weeks ago

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that the ball ricocheted off the back of Richards's head into the net for an own goal, then he and Lescott broke down laughing. :(

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

The beast is a bit stuck at the moment. Not getting game time but obviously wants to start and play football for a top club like Chelsea (used to be).

Wouldn't hurt his career to take a hit, go to another club and play first team football to raise his profile again for the rest of the season.

We're probably not that club though. I can see him going somewhere mid-table. If we did go for him and he did come here, though, I'd man wee.

He has only been there 6 months. He will start more games than not in the remainder of the season I am sure.