Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Mandanda is apparently being watched by Everton and Liverpool, if that's true then that's a non starter

Toulanan plays for AS Monaco so I doubt he would leave there for us, he's probably better off money wise in Monaco too

He does but he's out of contract in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He does but he's out of contract in the summer.

Did not realise that, I wonder if he will get a new deal as he seems to play every game for them?

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Did not realise that, I wonder if he will get a new deal as he seems to play every game for them?

Yeah dunno to be honest. Can't say I watch them much. He's 32 though so maybe they'd be wanting to upgrade.

Many are saying of potential signings..."And he would be good in the championship."   what does that mean?  In general, the better the player, the better he would do in any league. Could we then try for Messi because "he would be good in the championship?"   I feel confident it means something specific, but also confident that it means something other than just "he's real quality."  Does it mean, "I know he's not really good enough for premier league?"  Do posters mean "he doesn't mind getting kicked?"  Do posters mean, "he doesn't have a big ego?"  "If we go down, there's nobody likely to want to take him from us, so we will probably keep him?"  I'm kind of inclined to think that "he would be good in the championship" is a bit of an indictment.

I can't say any of these keeper signings sound realistic at all. Why leave PSG or Monaco to come here, of all **** places? I mean, I know we pay more, but do they really want to play second division football in England? 

That guy Bentley seems more achievable to me, and I liked the look of him in that video. Big guy, commands his area, long arms, out of contract in the summer, even Villa are a step up from Southend. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I'm hoping we go for Loris Karius of Mainz, we were linked med to him a few months ago. Very highly rated young keeper and seen as the second best gk in Germany after Neuer.

He'll defo come to a team rooted to the bottom of the Prem then.

With Cissokho confirmed as returning on the OS (and available for selection after the Sunderland game) I cannot see us bringing in another LB.

I've read Sunderland and Jeremain Lens want to part company - personally I think he'd be alright on our right wing but doubt Sunderland would sell/loan him to us as we're in the same relegation battle. It's also mooted that Gil could be off and he will need replacing.

I would still like to see us sign a composed DM (who's also a handful), Sanchez is too hot and cold and always prone to missed pass or tackle.

As for strikers, we could potentially lose Gabby (yay) and Kozak (who cannot be as good as we think as yet another manager has taken a pass on him) so more firepower is required.

It will be interesting to see how Garde is backed in the window. IF (and it's a big IF) we manage to get two wins and a draw from our next three, we will be back in the mix and 'could' pull off the great escape and therefore he should be given the funds he needs to complete the job.

If we lose our next three, we may as well prepare for a season in the Championship.

We definitely have a window of opportunity between the Sunderland game (2nd Jan) and the Palace game at home (12th Jan) to really do as much business as possible. We can use the FA Cup game at Wycombe to bed in some of the new players, so I think we could see a much changed line-up for Palace. 

16 hours ago, guyavfc said:

----------------Mandanda----------------

---Byram---Richards---Okore----Hutton/Cissoko

------------------Toulalan-------------------

--------  Gueye--------- Veretout--------

Wahbi Khazri----------------------Sinclair

--------------------Ayew----------------------

Grealish, Adama, Gil to be rotated with Sinclair.

This team is a striker away from giving me a little hope back on survival. Sirigu on loan if Mandanda dont want to come.

16 hours ago, guyavfc said:

----------------Mandanda----------------

---Byram---Richards---Okore----Hutton/Cissoko

------------------Toulalan-------------------

--------  Gueye--------- Veretout--------

Wahbi Khazri----------------------Sinclair

--------------------Ayew----------------------

Grealish, Adama, Gil to be rotated with Sinclair.

....and the hypothetical line-ups begin. Wake me up 40 days.

depositphotos_6821533-Sleeping-Cowboy.jp

• Like 2