Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

18 hours ago, KHV said:

I believe we can recall Cissokho and we can add Senderos to the 25 man squad so we are okay in defence, what we need to do in Jan is to replace the entire midfield unit and buy a striker who isn't shit. Those things are not going to happen so we may as well write this year off and plan for next summer. As long as the midfield unit consists of Sanchez, Gana, Veretout, Westwood and Gardner then any attempt at doing anything is futile as they are all utter shite.

I wouldn't have put it so eloquently as this, but in full aggreeance.................. The midfield has been the problem at this club for years............ I know the defence are liable for a brainwave, but id find hard for the best back 4 in the world to look confident and organised with the lack of screening infront of them from the sham infront of them and the clown in sticks behind them........

19 hours ago, YLN said:

This idea that he's 70% or 75% the player he was. Such meaningless figures based on nothing. What if he's 2% the player he once was. Yeah if he's still a good prem quality left back then sign him up. I think the fear is that he really isn't, and for the cash he'd be asking you'd hope there would be better options. 

Unfortunately I don't think there are currently better options available.

We're bottom of the league, favorites to get relegated without a proven left back amongst other things.

Which proven left back would consider moving to us. I use the word proven as in someone who has played to a decent level in the premier league.

Ashley Cole was a world class defender who won everything at club level. He isn't the same player now but even if he is less than what he was, surely it is worth the gamble. He could be 75% or he could be 2% being purely hyperthetical.

Like I said before beggars can't be choosers

Edited by Vincenzo

If we still have ambitions to stay up it will be short term loans and players who can leave if/when we go down, bit like QPR did in January 2013 with Samba and Remy.

If we're accepting of our fate then think it will be a player or two from the championship, see what they can do in the prem but more with regards to next season.

Both Vidic & Cole are more likely to wind up in say LA or New York than at Villa Park. But these are the sort of players that might just make a difference for us over the rest of the season. These are options we would be right to be looking at alongside the need for a keeper, a midfield player and a striker in this coming window.

Nice to see a couple of links at last. I wonder if we have booked our usual hotel rooms for them and for Praet yet and whether Peter Odemwingie is up for taking them to the car park?  

Talk of Darron Gibson and Aiden McGeady leaving Everton... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-transfers-darron-gibson-aiden-10580565 both want to be in the Ireland squad for Euro 2016. I'd take both on loan. 

The key area to improve is central midfield for me - can't think of many players available, good enough or would want to come here though. 

1 hour ago, avfctom89 said:

What about Ashley young on loan, doesn't seem to be getting game time. And I'm pretty sure united will dip into the market especially after today . If have him here in a heartbeat .

If he goes on loan, it will not be to a team rooted to the bottom of the league. 

The loan market is where we'll win/lose this battle. No decent players will come to villa on a permanent deal for obvious reasons.

Good players on loan, with a point prove without the worry of having to move again the summer is what might, just might get us out. 

This is where managers & directors earn their multimillion pound paychecks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

I don't think permanent deals can be ruled out especially with relegation clauses. As someone mentioned before just like QPR did with the likes of Remy.

Can't rule it out, but it is unlikely for anyone that's any good.

i think any transfers will be more of a case of buying inferior players to what we already have (if this is possible) to prepare for the championship, most of the rats in the first team are going to jump ship