Pre Match thread

rjw63

Is that 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 do you think?

--------------------------------guzan---------------------------------

hutton--------richards-------------lescott--------richardson

gil--------------gueye-------------westwood----------grealish

-------------------------------ayew------------------------------------

------------------------------gestede-----------------------------------

4-4-1-1

Can see that when defending, which we'll be doing most of the game, but I wouldn't imagine Grealish will be on the wing. 

you think maybe ayew wide? i thought ayew was more of a down the middle kind of player

Gana has not been playing well last games and Westwood is lightweight and ineffective. The midfield could be a problem. Richardson presumably to strengthen the defense, but Lescott needs to improve. I think it is probably too offensive, but we shall see.

Pathetic how people are moaning about this team. Best starting 11 we have had this season with the exception of Amavi being out which I'm sure is down to an injury or illness so only makes the bench. Gil is playing, Sinclair is dropped, Ayew is playing. This is what all you whinge bags on here wanted and STILL you moan. Pathetic. Get behind the lads. 

4-4-1-1

Can see that when defending, which we'll be doing most of the game, but I wouldn't imagine Grealish will be on the wing. 

you think maybe ayew wide? i thought ayew was more of a down the middle kind of player

Its another reason why Sherwood's formations are confusing. At Marseille Ayew played wide but you're right, I think he probably is a down the middle type of player, although his best work so far for us was done from wide positions.

We've got 2 attacking central midfielders, 1 attacking central midfielder/striker and 1 striker in that line up and I've got no idea really where they are going to play but i'd guess he would prioritise Grealish in his natural position of Gil and Ayew.

4-4-1-1

Hadn't thought of that one.

I figure maybe Ayew down the right, Grealish down the left and Gil behind Gestede in a 4-2-3-1.

I'm liking that line up. We might lose by a few goals, but we definitely would have lost if we sat back defended as well. At least with that lineup we might score some goals and get the Chelsea players frustrated.

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 1

4-4-1-1

He's mostly played down the right for us I think.

I'm liking that line up. We might lose by a few goals, but we definitely would have lost if we sat back defended as well. At least with that lineup we might score some goals and get the Chelsea players frustrated.

Again why Sherwood is so baffling. Sit back for the 0-0/1-0 home to Stoke. Attacking line up away to Chelsea.

Just mental.

• Like 3

Again why Sherwood is so baffling. Sit back for the 0-0/1-0 home to Stoke. Attacking line up away to Chelsea.

Just mental.

Yep, with 2 natural central attacking midfielders. 1 wide attacking midfielder/striker and 1 target man with not much crossing intent in the lineup.